lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-07-2013, 08:57 AM   #1
97lowrider
Not Yet Wild

Default helix

I have a 1987 G2A that needs to have the driven clutch replaced, Is the helix for a G9 better than the original helix that is on my G2?
97lowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-07-2013, 10:19 AM   #2
Tonka329
Smoov az a gravy sammich

Yamaha

Default Re: helix

Pretty sure they are the same style. I know many parts for the G2 and G9's are interchangeable
Tonka329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 11:45 AM   #3
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Actually the G9 and up style helix/spring seat assy is much stronger/beefer. Also has better ramp shoe desighn. Part #jn6-g6280-00-00.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 09:52 PM   #4
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

My G9 had the old style on it, it has little white square pads on it. The new one is much beefier and has much longer pads in it. I just put one on, was under the impression yamaha upgraded it. I did find the old style on ebay but not sure they are yamaha made....my new one was from a dealer its a yamaha part....along with my sweet new umax spring. The new style the pads don't break off and wear much longer. I put a new cut sheave on and figured I might as well put that on too it should be nicer on the new sheave. Also put a new nut and a spacer behind it, so its all new now. Old one was over 20yr old and about to wear through. It felt like the new sheave weighed twice as much.

Yamaha also sold the weight/link clutch from G2/9s as a replacement for G1 clutches.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha