lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-07-2013, 06:02 PM   #1
ron rogan
Not Yet Wild

Default cart wont move

I have an old electric ezgo cart and when I push down the pedal the motor reves and jerks.It does not fully engage and does not move forward or backwards.Any one have any ideas what could be going on? It was working just fine.
ron rogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-07-2013, 06:10 PM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Default Re: cart wont move

you said the motor revs.....as it is running but you aren't moving, correct? if it is, what has most likely happened is the spline on your hub has striped.....its a fairly common issue.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 06:11 PM   #3
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

oh btw ron........Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to BGW. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's, wive's, husbands, girlfirends and boyfriends here don't care....and take it easy.

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 09:14 PM   #4
crash test dummy

could also be the motor coupler striped out
Old 10-17-2013, 05:23 PM   #5
ron rogan
Not Yet Wild

I appreciate all the advise but I checked both back hub splines. Both are good. Took out motor, coupler good. Took motor had it checked out brushes and everything good.It is a 1993 Texton ez go. Some one suggested I test batteries wiih a carbon load meter.Also said for better lack of discription to check voltage regulator. where would this be and what would I look for? Thanks for any suggestions. I am a novice on any of this.I do not want to short anything out. Any ideas for safety
Old 10-17-2013, 05:31 PM   #6
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

If you hear noise from the motor, it is likely spinning. You don't have any clutches that can slip.

To check the hub, you need to remove any "hubcaps", and remove the dust cover on both hubs. Have someone watch it while you try and go. If the nut spins, on either hub, that's your problem. If not, you may have to raise it up on jack stands and drop off the differential cover, capture the oil, and have someone watch what happens when you give it "gas".

Here's some links, from the Stickies:

Links:

Owner's, Parts, and Service Manuals:
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...g-manuals.html

Dana Axle:
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/attac...5-28148g01.pdf

Golf Cart Serial Number Lookup:

http://www.shopezgo.com/customer-ser...ialNumber.html

Controller/Motor Type:

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/attac...go-guide-2.jpg
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...en-system.html
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 05:32 PM   #7
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

If you take off the drums to check the splines, be sure and retorque the nut. It takes quite a bit of torque.
Old 10-19-2013, 02:52 PM   #8
ron rogan
Not Yet Wild

OK. I checked all six batteries and one is bad.I really do not think this would make my cart go thump thump thump when trying to excelerate or would it? I have my motor out and when I turn the sprocket connected to my drums in the axle it moves freely a little then it catches and spins one drum spins freely again and catches both drums and so on then one drum then freely then both.I am begining to think it is a bad gear in my diffential. Anyone have any thoughts. I really don't want to take out my rearend and open it up to see.If anyone thinks this is my problem does anyone know where I could get a rebuilt diffential axle to fit my cart? Do you think buying a used one is a bad idea also?
Old 10-19-2013, 03:07 PM   #9
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

You can jack it up on jackstands, drop the differential cover, and inspect the gears while someone turns the wheels, but if you really have a broken tooth, it will be in the differential cover, along with the oil. Just need a few minutes, a small pan to catch the differential cover and oil, new oil, and Permatex.

Dana Axle:
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/attac...5-28148g01.pdf
Old 11-27-2013, 06:40 PM   #10
ron rogan
Not Yet Wild

I fixed my cart. I replaced one bad battery and it is running again. Wish I knew this before I did all the other things suggested but I do appreciate the input everyone gave me. Thanks to everyone that tried to help me.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO