Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Restoration
Restoration Early 70's and older restoration projects

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-07-2015, 07:38 PM   #11
nobuckbuild
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Cushman Combo 1

only have 5 carts and 4 trailers but 4 cars for 2 drivers , the engine in that cushman was in pieces
nobuckbuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-07-2015, 10:28 PM   #12
johnyrock
Not Yet Wild
Cushman

meangreen, I'll pay you to tell her and then deal with the aftermath. I'm hurrying, but still trying to make it good enough she will change her mind about cart life, drive it for many more years or be able to sell it to someone who gets it. I'm addicted.
johnyrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 05:17 AM   #13
meangreenmachine72
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

There was a time when she really could care less about carts but now she takes our daughter riding through campground and woods and laughs the whole time. I have a nice cc Ds that I lifted and did work to but she is afraid to mess it up. She loves the g1 pictured and doesn't know that I am putting new tires on it as well as bumpers and rebuilt the front end. I hope she still likes it when Iam done. Other carts are stored and need work, 2 in trailer 2 in shed and rest in garage. I have a 1970 cc caroche stripped down and just hooked up with our local vocational school to work on body as a class lesson I just pay for supplies. Hope the do a good job. I am very Lucky that my wife is so laid back. Have a great weekend.
meangreenmachine72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 07:34 AM   #14
meangreenmachine72
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by meangreenmachine72 View Post
There was a time when she really could care less about carts but now she takes our daughter riding through campground and woods and laughs the whole time. I have a nice cc Ds that I lifted and did work to but she is afraid to mess it up. She loves the g1 pictured and doesn't know that I am putting new tires on it as well as bumpers and rebuilt the front end. I hope she still likes it when Iam done. Other carts are stored and need work, 2 in trailer 2 in shed and rest in garage. I have a 1970 cc caroche stripped down and just hooked up with our local vocational school to work on body as a class lesson I just pay for supplies. Hope the do a good job. I am very Lucky that my wife is so laid back. Have a great weekend.
Ok so I am sitting in the woods camping with a cup of coffee searching craigslist and that was a mistake. There are so many great deals out there and I found 4 that I would love to get BUT I think I may be pushing it with the wife if I get anymore. I just picked up a 1969 spin display case that I always wanted and I am working on restoring that and then on Tuesday I picked up a industrial Delta planer complete in the trash. Haven't plugged that in yet but in great shape. To many projects, I just need to retire so I have more time. Have a great weekend.
Old 10-11-2015, 06:18 PM   #15
johnyrock
Not Yet Wild
Cushman

Dude, where do you find the time? Love it. If you are in the area, I'd love to help.
Old 10-14-2015, 08:49 AM   #16
johnyrock
Not Yet Wild
Cushman

Well, it's off the jacks and on the street. Finally finished the electrical, which was harder than I thought it would be. The new dash layout turned out to be exactly what I wanted. Super clean and simple. New seats are installed. Going to try and put back on a racing stripe and finish the flooring in the next week.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20151011_170854.jpg (297.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20151011_170922.jpg (290.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20151011_170843.jpg (455.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 10-14-2015, 09:25 PM   #17
johnyrock
Not Yet Wild
Cushman

First racing stripe on tonight.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20151014_200618.jpg (217.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 10-14-2015, 09:29 PM   #18
meangreenmachine72
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Your doing a great job. Looking at those picks makes me want to work on mine. I probably won't be doing much for a little while. Heading to hospital tomorrow morning with some back issues. I hope they can help. Keep up the good work.
Old 10-15-2015, 07:19 AM   #19
johnyrock
Not Yet Wild
Cushman

Quote:
Originally Posted by meangreenmachine72 View Post
Your doing a great job. Looking at those picks makes me want to work on mine. I probably won't be doing much for a little while. Heading to hospital tomorrow morning with some back issues. I hope they can help. Keep up the good work.
@meangreenmachine72 - Hope your back is alright and wish you a speedy recovery. Can't stand hospitals.

Going to try and paint on the second racing stripe tonight. I'll post a pic soon.
Old 10-15-2015, 08:07 PM   #20
johnyrock
Not Yet Wild
Cushman

Second stripe on. Turned out ok. The plastidip pulled up a little taking off the tape.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20151015_194059.jpg (205.0 KB, 0 views)

Tags
1974, electric, help needed, restoration
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Restoration