lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-31-2017, 05:54 PM   #1
mulliganmaven
Not Yet Wild

Default Yamaha G21 help needed for street legal!

Hi all, I have a 1997 G21 that's in very good shape. I've taken it to my permanent home so I can keep it up and use it in the neighborhood. Currently it does NOT have a brake light or turn signals. I'm having a hard time finding the lights I need since everything I see says G14-G22, but then it goes to name everything but G21. Can anyone help me find a universal light kit that will serve these purposes? Any advice is appreciated! If I can find side mirrors that will serve as turn signals instead of having to change out the headlights, that'd be good too. But it currently does NOT have a brake light.
Thank you!
mulliganmaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-31-2017, 06:19 PM   #2
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Yamaha G21 help needed for street legal!

I'm not terribly familiar with the G21 model. I know the rest, G14 through G22, use the same bodywork but with some mechanical differences. Since the light kits come with a somewhat universal wiring harness, the only real question is if the light assemblies that come with the kit would fit your bodywork. What I'm finding online suggests the G21 DOES take the same front cowl bodywork.
https://www.golfcartking.com/yamaha-...ront-cowl-red/
I don't see why the same light kits wouldn't work.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 06:37 PM   #3
mulliganmaven
Not Yet Wild

Thanks, that's helpful. :) Hope you don't need too much electrical knowledge to install! lol
mulliganmaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 10:17 PM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

I think the G21 is slightly longer, but otherwise same as G16. If I recall, the gas tank is in front of the engine, instead of next to it. Wait, this G21 is electric? I don't remember ever seeing those.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brake lights, g21, turn signals
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha