lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > On Road Golf Carts!
On Road Golf Carts! Low to the ground Golf Carts!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-08-2009, 01:56 PM   #1
gkckak
Not Yet Wild

Default Ezgo St Sport Ii

I really like the ezgo st sport II. It just does not satisfy me with the speed. Can i go to the dealer where i bought it and ask them to adjust the governer. Or do i have to buy a whole new engine to make the speed go up. 20 mph would be fine. It currently goes 16 at tops. I haven't got stuck with it yet and i live in arizona. Offroading capital of the world almost. Just for when i have to get on the roads it sucks because I go so slow. I need to know asap. Thanks
gkckak is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-08-2009, 02:24 PM   #2
DManos
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Ezgo St Sport Ii

Why pay someone to do something you can do yourself?

Governor adjustment
DManos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 02:35 PM   #3
gkckak
Not Yet Wild

I would but I'm not that knowledgeable about this stuff. My friend had same thing done to him at local dealer for 20 Bucks. I would feel so much better if a dealer did it then myself because then i would know it would work. Plus i looked at how to adjust the govener and it said it would like wear down the engine faster or something but a dealer really knows how to do it.
Old 07-08-2009, 02:40 PM   #4
DManos
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Cool....I understand. Seems like you answered your own question though....your friend had his done at a local dealer so they will most likely do yours too.
Old 07-08-2009, 02:58 PM   #5
gkckak
Not Yet Wild

I COULD DO THIS but the top speed they got him too was only 19 mph because of restrictions . So i am deciding on either doing this or spending some cash on a bigger engine to have it go at least 30.
Old 07-08-2009, 03:33 PM   #6
DManos
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

What I am trying to say is why spend alot of money for a bigger motor when you can get the same result by simply adjusting the governor. You are correct that the dealer will only adjust it to 19 mph. That is a liability issue and is a law.

The "increased wear" that you are worried about is negligible.

My opinion is that you need to either find someone to do this or attempt it yourself. On your model it is an easy matter of turning a nut on a rod. That simple.
Old 07-08-2009, 04:16 PM   #7
gkckak
Not Yet Wild

WELL dmanos how fast do you think it would go if i did it. Also how bad do you think it would frick up the engine
Old 07-08-2009, 10:45 PM   #8
BlackHornet
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

well if youre willing to buy a new motor to put in it, why not adjust the governor yourself and see how fast you can get it. then, if you do wear the motor out later down the line, youll buy a new one...just like you were going to in the first place
BlackHornet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 06:40 AM   #9
ruredy
Born Wild

It's only a simple adjustment, (tighten one nut ) if you don't like it, adjust it back. Your engine isn't going to blow up tomorrow if you do this. Basically what I was saying about that is, if your run the sh!t out of your cart, it's not going to last as long. works the same for anything, try and use a little common sense about how you run your cart. I have all my carts running like that, have for years. yours should run about 24mph with no problems. I do use mobil1 oil in mine though.
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > On Road Golf Carts!