lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-30-2012, 11:32 AM   #1
EZGOCrazy
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Possible Ignitor Issue?

Hey guys,I got a 97 Ezgo TXT that will start but not rev.Not getting any power to the coil.I checked the circuit back to the Ignitor and have power on one red wire but none on the other.Does this sound like the Ignitor is bad?Should both red wires be hot coming out of the Ignitor?Thanks in advance
EZGOCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-02-2012, 06:38 PM   #2
EZGOCrazy
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Possible Ignitor Issue?

Anyone?
Old 07-02-2012, 07:06 PM   #3
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

Are you sure that the engine is actually starting and not just spinning on the starter motor? The reason I ask is that in general the ignitor either works or it doesn't. I would suggest that you remove a plug and lay it on the top of the engine to see if it actually sparking.

Dave
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 11:01 PM   #4
EZGOCrazy
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I think that's what was going on Dave.Just the starter was turning and the motor wasn't firing.I tried converting it to HEI tonight but having trouble with it spitting and sputtering like so many on here do.i think I'll just break down and buy a 170 dollar igniter. The ol Chevy module just doesn't seem worth the trouble to me.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO