lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-27-2017, 02:56 PM   #1
buster two
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 420 clone install in a txt

i'm installing a 13hp clone in my 2006 txt and noticed when using the stock belt that it's a pretty tight fit , i haven't completed engine mount yet . can longer belts be bought , if so where? engine mount can be raised more for clearance. i want to use the gen/starter for lights. if i can buy a longer belt it would make me happy.
buster two is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-27-2017, 04:09 PM   #2
Rooster59
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 420 clone install in a txt

Yes, you can buy longer belts. Vegas Carts sells a belt designed for their clone install kits in a TXT. Since your engine is basically the same dimensionally as theirs it is very likely their belt will work. You might want to order the belt then do the final engine locating on your custom motor mount.
Rooster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 07:19 PM   #3
buster two
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

thanks I'll contact them.
Old 11-27-2017, 07:43 PM   #4
BLACK DEATH
Gone Wild

Club Car

Did you buy the install kit or made everything yourself?
Got pics of your swap if you did the mods yourself
BLACK DEATH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 08:28 AM   #5
buster two
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

made the engine mount myself,out of stuff i had. i contacted Vegas carts and ordered a longer belt ,and there shift bracket, rubber engine mounts. i could of modified the shift bracket ,but for 14 dollars ,easier just to buy it. I had this cart for 3 years now ,used it daily around the farm and for hunting.just need it back running. it has a jake lift kit,and bigger than stock tires. I'm not sure but with the original engine at a slant because of the lift kit it seized up from lack of oil. I have a road that i travel that has a very long steep grade. this is where it died. i will take some pictures and post if i can figure out how. I'm old HA HA! I do have a back up to hunt with and chores around the house, a Kobota RTV ,and Jeep. I still miss my cart ,I use it way more than anything else. slide in, push on the petal and go. no waiting for a warm up.
Old 11-28-2017, 10:21 PM   #6
BLACK DEATH
Gone Wild

Club Car

So you leveled the engine out now ?
BLACK DEATH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 08:50 AM   #7
buster two
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

yea the engine will be level , just got all the parts in except nuts for the vibration dampers , they don't come with. i wish i had come across and read the instructions from vegas carts. i would have made some changes to my plans. oh well ,have to change a few things. one thing that dont seem right is that the clutch does not slide onto the adapter all the way even though its torqued tight. 1/4" sticks out. i hope the clutch dont loosen up., and give me grief. i'm going ahead and finish making the mounts assemble every thing ,make sure every thing works then dissamble and paint. that is when i"ll do some pic's and try and post. the hardest thing so far was to cut the engine shaft and tap. they must have hardened it. it was slow go and took a couple hours, with lots of Cool Tool lube.,dulled a new tap ,and had to use a second to finish.
Old 12-06-2017, 08:58 AM   #8
buster two
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

the reason i did not buy the engine mount from Vegas Carts is because of ground clearance. if i were going to put a clone in a cart again i would buy a clutch for the straight shaft , or an engine with the taper already on it. tapping it was a real pain!!!
Old 12-06-2017, 10:39 AM   #9
Rooster59
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

The low hanging engine mount gives me pause too. If I were building an engine cradle like you did it would be on an angle with the engine platform leveled about the same height as the clone ends up with the VC cradle. They make a very nice cradle, but I would want one with a more beveled front edge to insure I don't snag on something when off road. No sliding over logs with that straight vertical cradle drop bracket.

I'm sure the cradle has to be that way to accommodate the V-twin engines. Or at least it looks like their cradle does double duty for clones and twins. Just adding the motor mount plate for the clones that don't need all the under seat clearance. There are a lot of scars on the underside of the engine skid plate on my TXT. Proof I would need to fab my own clone cradle. With a heavy skid plate underneath.
Rooster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 08:55 AM   #10
buster two
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

yesterday got the exhaust header made ,took most of the day. used a muffler i took off of a 10hp diesel . now on to the starter generator brackets. sure glad i have a plasma cutter.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO