lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-21-2024, 06:13 AM   #1
Mkonrath72
Not Yet Wild

Default Should I go back from lithium

I bought this cart at auction. It was a government owned Ezgo. I can’t pick up till tomorrow but to me looks like a s4 express. The description says Non Runner. I’m hoping it’s just the battery which looks to be a Roypow. No charger included. I’m honestly just going to flip the cart but this is my first time buying one that had a lithium battery. If the battery is dead what would you use to replace it just to sell for profit? Would you stay lithium? Use a cheaper Lithium, go back to lead. Costco interstate. I live in Southern Glirida and have never tried selling a lithium. Not sure if people would see as a plus or minus. I’m not sure how to read the date on battery, if one of you know the roypow code please let me know. Thx so much
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_5433.jpeg (484.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpeg IMG_5430.jpeg (264.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpeg IMG_5431.jpeg (512.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpeg IMG_5435.jpeg (471.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpeg IMG_5439.jpeg (459.1 KB, 0 views)
Mkonrath72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-21-2024, 08:48 AM   #2
coosa
Gone Wild

Default Re: Should I go back from lithium

If you are going to flip it, I think a cheap lithium would make sense. You can actually get a lithium for less money than a FLA pack now, and you can get a decent lithium charger for under $200.

But I would check out the battery in it ; there's a good chance something else is keeping it from running at all. Good luck figuring it out.
coosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2024, 09:30 AM   #3
TheCartBoy
WARRANTY VOID

E-Z-GO

In the 5th photo, there are some disconnected ring terminals.

For me, first step is see if that battery is salvageable. Itself has a control system (BMS).

Then apply power to the system, either from that battery if it's ok, or a 48V power supply or other source. Then see if you can get the wheels to spin.
TheCartBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2024, 05:04 PM   #4
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

May just need a charge.
Pat911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:29 AM   #5
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

You can easily take the top off the battery and test the individual cells inside. The BMS in those is weak (I burned up 2) and replaced it with a JK BMS and it has worked like a charm ever since. That battery sells for about $2500 and I wouldn't just discard it. As long as the cells inside aren't below 2.5 volt and aren't bloated, I'd invest in a smart charger and see if it'll charge. After checking out the rest of the cart first....
You should be able to get more money if there is a lithium battery instead of FLA's. I will not have another cart with FLA's.
Bama Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO