lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-17-2007, 12:35 PM   #1
dj9367
Not Yet Wild

Default EZGO 2000 875 industrial Gas

Hi, new to the forum and maybe because i have an industrial cart I shouldn't be here.
Getting ready to upgrade my work cart and any info would be appreciated. I am always at max weight so more torque is a good thing, speed not that important as we are only cruising malls painting compactors. (the mall guys do like to race

Being an industrial cart would it possibly come with a 28 degree clutch??
I have read this whole forum twice and googled everything else I could find and as it is not a "Fun" cart could not find much. Cart now has a rack on it also for more junk, it has been a stellar unit, 4 years and no problems at all. If it doesn't have one already I am thinking the 28 degree clutch would be my best option and keep it reliable. How long do the clutches last on one of these?? The cart probably doesn't see but about 300 hrs a year if that much (hour meter doesn't work)

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by dj9367; 12-17-2007 at 12:44 PM.. Reason: added
dj9367 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-17-2007, 07:15 PM   #2
groundpounder
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: EZGO 2000 875 industrial Gas

welcome to BGW
groundpounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 07:16 PM   #3
groundpounder
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Do You Have A Bigger Pics Of It?
groundpounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 10:05 AM   #4
ruredy
Born Wild

Hi, nice cart. You can do as ezgomike has suggested and make the driven clutch a 28 degree one, or you can use a shorter belt on it to improve the gearing of the CVT. It depend on how you use the cart as to how long the clutch will last but I see alot of them older than 10 years without problems, being that yours is a workhorse cart made to carry heaver loads its clutch life will be shortened if its been use to its full potential. If your looking for more power stick a 295 head on it, thats the best bang for the buck as far as engine mods goes. You can also adjust the governor if you haven't done that yet, plus taller tires will get you some more speed if your trying to make it go faster.
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 10:09 AM   #5
castlecart
Gone Wild

Welcome to BGW!!

You'll quickly find that we don't care what kind of cart you have. We're happy to have you here and will help as much as we can. Working carts need love too!
castlecart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 10:11 AM   #6
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Welcome to BGW. All are welcome here.

spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 10:41 AM   #7
dj9367
Not Yet Wild

I appreciate all the responses, i think I will go with the 28 degree driven clutch for now and see how that does, and a good tune up. It does quite well for all the weight we have on it (generator 300+ lbs, compressor 75lbs, spray rig 75 lbs, paint 100+ LBS, MISC 75+ lbs, driver and passenger 450 lbs). We don't put a lot of hrs on it and other than oil and plugs has been trouble free for 4 years, but it does seem to be losing a little power (I am sure a complete tune up will take care of the power). Most driving is flat ground but some of the malls we go to have a couple of steep hills and of course backing into the trailer. I will probably paint it this year also as it is always in he line of fire when we are working and does get over spray.

The hour meter doesn't work but haven't figured out an easy way to get to it yet. will try to post a larger picture
Old 12-18-2007, 02:43 PM   #8
Dero
Gone Wild

That is a lot of weight. Does it bottom out? Clutch machining is also an idea.
Dero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 08:02 PM   #9
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 09:25 AM   #10
dj9367
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dero View Post
That is a lot of weight. Does it bottom out? Clutch machining is also an idea.
No it handles the weight great, just need to pick the torque up a bit. Will get the driven clutch and tune up after the holidays, then start working again. really appreciate all the help, after review, we probably don't put 50 hrs a year on the unit. Will let you know how it all works out. This unit really saves us a lot of work and muscle power.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO