lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-01-2024, 06:49 AM   #1
cardsrok
Getting Wild

Default Onward or Tempo

Hello. I'm going to be buying a new golf cart soon and wondering about the differences between a Tempo and Onward. I will be buying a 4 seater, non lifted gas. It will be used in my neighborhood at the lake, no golf. The neighborhood has a few somewhat long, steep hills. I will need something that will pull the hills with 3 or 4 people at times.
Are the engines and suspension the same? The rear end gears? Top speed for each? I think the Tempo is a fleet car, so curious about the gearing and if it can be turned up.
I would like to hear peoples experience with each and any pros and cons.
Thanks for any input.
cardsrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-03-2024, 01:36 PM   #2
prosa69
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Onward or Tempo

I bought a 2020 Tempo and when looking they told me the main differences are onward had better seats, Different cowl, different roof, different rear seat. Tempos are not factory lifted but other then that there the same. If you go lifted Onward yes it has different suspension and fender flares. Top speed stock was like 17-19mph. Did the throttle mod and with stock tires the RPMs are bouncing off the limiter. Once Lifted it is way better tops around 25.

The one thing I really like about my tempo over the onward is I have the integrated roof that drains water down the roof arms. Has a gutter system on the roof so when you take off not splashing onto everyone.
prosa69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2024, 09:04 PM   #3
cardsrok
Getting Wild

Thanks for the input. I don't plan on buying a lifted cart, so I'd probably go with the Tempo. I can live without the fancy upgraded seats. Just most concerned about pulling hills with passengers.
Old 03-07-2024, 05:28 PM   #4
prosa69
Not Yet Wild

I cant attest to the pulling long hills but I have a short steep hill (about 20 feet) I go up few times a week and totally stopped at bottom with 2-3 people and it pulls just fine with 25x10x14 tires.

If you can get factory headlight/tail lights that helps as some of the tempos do not come with them. Mine did but not turn signals which it was wired for and the oem lights front and rear are built for this addition. I just bought the turn signal piece for the steering column online and plugged in and worked like oem.
Old 03-08-2024, 10:20 PM   #5
cardsrok
Getting Wild

Do you know if the Tempo has a different gear ratio in the rear end or if it is just goverened down? I'm getting different responses from the dealers.
Old 03-09-2024, 07:00 AM   #6
prosa69
Not Yet Wild

There all the ED65 transaxle. When I was looking into installing high speed gears 8:1 I could not find any part number different between the onward and tempo OEM gears. I wound up not doing it as once I installed the lift and bigger tires I was fine with the top speed.

The motor is the same in both with the Same ECM. There both going to have the same rev limits. Zip tie mod will make the engine bounce off the limiter if set to tight.
Old 03-11-2024, 07:22 PM   #7
cardsrok
Getting Wild

Thanks for the reply. If I get one, it will have the whole light kit with turn signals, extended roof, and back seat. They mentioned the high speed cable and I'm aware of the zip tie mod. I plan on looking at one this Saturday.
Thanks again.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car