lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-22-2022, 07:00 PM   #1
yler4cy
Gone Wild

Default 2019 CC Tempo EFI - Backfiring

Hello BGW!
I am helping a friend try to resolve his riddle. He has a 2019 Tempo EFI that he just bought. The cart runs great at lower speeds, like 11 to 14mph. I helped him adjust the threaded rod/throttle cable that is in the access panel under the floor mat per the local CC dealer's Master Mechanic. Well if I adjust it to much, with the threaded rod sticking of of the box more towards the back of the cart, the cart starts to backfire. Right now I have it about 55 to 60% out the back, the rest inside and it runs about 13-14mph. That is good enough for him, BUT I just want to make sure there is nothing more wrong with it. I did notice that the throttle cable seemed really loose, meaning I can pull/move it quite a distance before I actually feel it pulling on something. Also, I did notice when driving that when you let the cart decelerate and then punch it is seems to accelerate extremely slow. Some more info, if I get much more than 60% outside the box towards the back, that seemed to be when it starts to back fire when initially pressing the gas.

Any assistance/concerns would be greatly appreciated.
yler4cy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-23-2022, 07:47 PM   #2
yler4cy
Gone Wild

Default Re: 2019 CC Tempo EFI - Backfiring

I just tested his cart at where I left it and it still backfires. And when I say backfire it isn't a loid bang it is more of a puff of air or something.
yler4cy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2022, 07:10 AM   #3
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Adjustment of the throttle cable by the pedal is only for setting the position of the cable relative to the governor arm. Small adjustments here are OK, but it will cause problems if you adjust too far because it's set according to the governor arm adjustment.
The governor determines the top speed of the cart, which is why it has it's own adjustment as well as two stop screws to keep the governor arm within a certain range. If you want more speed, the adjustment has to be made at the governor arm. There used to be a high speed cable for the Subaru EFI carts, I'm not sure if CC has one for the Kohler engine carts or if it's the same cable as the Subaru engine carts.

When you adjust the cable at the pedal it's pulling the throttle plate open and holding it open which is causing the back firing. The cable needs to be adjusted back to it's original position, and adjustments made to the governor arm if you want more speed.
A small adjustment will make a big difference, so mark the arm relative to the governor shaft before trying to make any adjustment so it can be put back to the original position if needed.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2022, 02:57 AM   #4
igolf2much2
Not Yet Wild

There is a rev limiter on the engine as well
igolf2much2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car