lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-24-2007, 05:18 PM   #11
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Default Re: Rear Springs

I know i's a little late now but when I did my daughters cc, it had a little bracket on the front of the differential that ran up to the engine frame. That had to come off to do mine.
Or was that on the ez-go????? hmmmmm
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-24-2007, 05:31 PM   #12
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

You don't have as much U-bolt thread showing through now because you have more leafs for the bolt to cover.
NO NO NO E-Z-GO! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 06:54 PM   #13
mac
Not Yet Wild

I think that was the problem, the bracket tying the lower skid plate to the differrential limited the space between the spring plates.... no one else mentioned it...What is it's purpose and can it be removed..Thanks for the follow up..
Mac
mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 07:02 PM   #14
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

Post a picture of what you are talking about. I don't follow you on the "bracket."
NO NO NO E-Z-GO! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 07:26 PM   #15
mac
Not Yet Wild

When I say bracket skid plate it actually is the engine mounting plate, and the spring plates are the one's above and below the springs, I am just getting used to what the name's of the parts are, only had it 2 weeks..
The bracket that caused all my problems is the one that ties the engine plate to the differential.. I know there is stress there because I had to use a pry bar to open up the gap so I could get the springs in..
Thanks All For The Assistance..
Not sure what the next project for the cart has 6" lift..flip flop rear seat...22" tires...Volt gauge and switches for accessories..modified for idle..govener spring zip tied..front and rear lights..horn..wind shield..VHF antenna..rear view mirror..12 volt power plugs..Still has a way to go...
MAC

Last edited by mac; 09-24-2007 at 07:43 PM..
Old 09-24-2007, 09:47 PM   #16
crash12888
Gone Crazy

mac, pm sent. It is like a little traction control bracket that helps keep the rear axle wrap down. It is elongated on the engine plate end and uses a carriage type bolt so you might be able to just loosen that end and let it "unbind" and then tighten.
Old 09-25-2007, 06:08 AM   #17
mac
Not Yet Wild

That's what I thought, I'll loosen it up and see what happens, do most c.c's have this bracket?
MAC
Old 09-25-2007, 06:47 AM   #18
BRS
Master BS'r

Club Car

Cool Re: Rear Springs

Changing those leafs can be fun,...not really! Having the right tools is obviously the key. I just changed mine, (Thanks to ECC), put the body on jack stands, then jacked up the motor to take stress of the springs, as others have mentioned. U-bolts came off no problem, but getting the old leafs off the shackle were a pain in the a$$. I had to cut the bolts off with a 4" cutting wheel, then drill out the old bolts(they were completely fused to the bracket in the front. I was surprised how much additional lift they gave the cart in addition to the 6" lift, (Thanks again Ron). Off and running!
BRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 06:50 AM   #19
tungpo1
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

tungpo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 07:50 AM   #20
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Hey mac, I did two cc lifts a while back and both had the bracket. I'm not sure if it came or went after any year model but I figure if they had an issue at some point, this corrected it. It might help with keeping the distance of the drive and driven clutches from changing.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car