lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC!
Extreme DC! Extreme Electric Golf Carts!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-15-2021, 02:00 PM   #1
bir49
Not Yet Wild

Default Newie question

I have a club car precedent 48volt could someone point in the direction of what I can do or buy to make my alot faster
Thanks

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
bir49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-15-2021, 05:00 PM   #2
Reddawg454
Grumpy Old Guy

Club Car

Default Re: Newie question

AC motor conversion and a lithium battery. Site sponsor Revolution Golf Cars sells the AC kit.
Reddawg454 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 06:10 PM   #3
bir49
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddawg454 View Post
AC motor conversion and a lithium battery. Site sponsor Revolution Golf Cars sells the AC kit.
Thanks so much

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
bir49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 03:13 PM   #4
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Depends on what you really want to do and what budget you have.

If it is a stock controller the normal first thing people do is upgrade the controller. That gives you the ability to remove limitations imposed on the cart by the factory. If you have stock 18" tires a new controller can get you to 24-ish mph. If you want more than 24 you will have to look further.

Bigger tires will increase your top speed some at the cost of a bit of torque. 20.5 inch tires often fit on a non-lifted cart. Along with the controller you can see 25 to 27mph. 23" tires are normally the biggest you'll see on a cart and you can get 30 to 32 on those, again at the loss of some more torque.

This all depends on a healthy battery pack and flat land and high pressure tires (not lawnmower tires).

You can have a bad alignment or dragging brakes that'll slow you down as well.

If you want more than 32 then you'll need tires bigger than 23" or high speed gears in your differential or a high speed motor with banding to allow it to spin faster than 6k.

There are some incredible golf carts on this forum. The Plum Quick guys (they may have the world record still) did just over 103mph in their golf cart a few years back...

But we need to know more about your cart and what you want to point you in the right direction.

Do you plan on 2 passengers or 4? Lift, no lift or lowered? Pull a trailer with the golf cart? Live in a hilly area? Have a need to pull wheelies or burnouts? Want to go trail riding and treat it like an offroad ATV? Plan on sticking on pavement or grass at the course?

There are many possibilities at many different prices...
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC!