lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-22-2021, 05:59 PM   #11
JPonLKN
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 295 intermittent spark

When you rebuilt the carb, were you able to get the jets and tube out of the carb? If only the jet, or if you only sprayed it with cleaner, significant cleaning of the carb may still be necessary.
JPonLKN is online now   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-22-2021, 06:03 PM   #12
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenlhlp View Post
Still having problems. Found the two pin pulsar plug was bad and eliminated it. I have replaced all the grounds and cleaned all connections. Rebuilt the original carburetor.

I have good spark now. It tries to start. Fires sporadically with the throttle at minimum. Eventually the engine starts. When running it has power, idles and accelerates fine. If I come to complete stop, then try going again the engine is back to sporadic firing, no go.

Just at a loss what could be wrong.
At least you got it to firing now so we can try and find your other issue. These engines don't idle by the way. Tell us what your compression is ?
trig123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 06:06 PM   #13
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPonLKN View Post
When you rebuilt the carb, were you able to get the jets and tube out of the carb? If only the jet, or if you only sprayed it with cleaner, significant cleaning of the carb may still be necessary.
JponLKN, we posted at the same time and yes good call on the carb. May take more cleaning or maybe a new OEM one but checking the valves and compression is a must on these engine.
Old 10-23-2021, 01:43 AM   #14
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

Further to JPonLKN and trugs comments, I definitely recommend a thorough cleaning of the carb after first checking valve lash and compression.
Cartmaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 06:06 AM   #15
crash12888
Gone Crazy

I know it's pricey at around $30 a gallon of soaking carb cleaner, but the spray carb/brake clean will not remove internal varnish like the gallon can of cleaner, and yes, it does make a big difference to get all of the jets and flow tubes out of the carb body.
And like mentioned, check valve clearance. You are close buddy...
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 07:33 AM   #16
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Here is one I am fighting with right now.

The plate where ignitor is mounted was bad rusty so I removed it and cleaned it up, even put a new ground cable on it. Same thing.
With spark tested connected I discovered when I opened the throttle wide open the spark disappeared but would start back when I let off pedal but it was still sporadic.

I uploaded a video if what spark looked like before I changed the ignitor with a known OEM good one.

In all the years of working on these this is the first time I have ran into this. Usually it shows the one spark when the ignitor is bad but not this time.

Now being the OEM ignitors are no longer to be found I am wondering where we can find one that we know will work ?

Here is the two video's. First one is old ignitor and second one my OEM.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jfd5gc8wQUI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3sRly9zGBA

Also you see how rusty the plate and area around it was. Cleaning it didn't solve things though.

I have this one OEM ignitor I use for testing so I got got figure out where to buy one now. I can't sell this one as its the only one I got for testing one of these ignitors.

Ignitor is the problem on the one I am working on.

Update :

I just removed his ignitor from plate and its not an OEM. It did work for a few years because I sold him this cart in early 2018. These aftermarket ones may be all we can get from now on. I wanted to show what problems they cause in case others have this problem.
Cart is now running. I found a spare OEM in my shop.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3436.jpg (250.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3437.jpg (187.8 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO