lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-26-2007, 06:12 PM   #1
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Help going faster?

alright all.............i,m trying to help someone whos cart at top speed is about 15 mph but they would like to get 25 to 30 mph.......short of dropping a bigger engine in it is there any way to get this with the stock motor ......will just the high speed gears do it like i told him i don,t think your gonna get it to 30 mph but i,ll see what you guys think........any ideas ..................thanks............2000 or so C.C................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-26-2007, 06:21 PM   #2
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

You're in luck Tom, I just got done writing a thing on that exact topic. Mind you it is still a little rough, but I have to redo it a little before I post it. Here is v1.0:

So you want your Club Car to move along a bit better? Club Cars feature more guards/anti-tamper devices than E-Z-GOs or Yamahas, which makes it hard to get a little speed out of them. Nevertheless, there are ways.

Before I tell you how, we must get a few things straight; 1. You are a higher risk when traveling fast, 2) You are at a higher risk of damaging engine and other components of your drivetrain.

First, put the cart up as high as you can on jack stands so you will have more working room. Jack STANDS, not a jack!!!!

Now, on the drivers side of the cart, you'll see a bronze-ish rod linking the accelerator to the throttle control in the engine compartment. There are latches on each end that must be pushed towards the middle of the rod for it to be removed. After you have it removed, lengthen it out as far as it will go without being wobbly. To do so, you must loosen each nut, turn the latches counterclockwise, and re-tighten the nuts. Be sure to get the latches in the same position when you tighten them so they line back up with the linkage correctly.

Now, look at the black rubber foot on the accelerator towards the rear of the cart. Loosen this roughly 4 turns.

Reinstall control rod, and push accelerator until the cart starts (in maintenance mode) and keep adjusting the black foot until the TOP of the pedal moves about an inch before it starts.

This will get a stock cart on stock tires about another 4 mph. This is the easiest way to get some more speed. If you are feelin industrious, you can get another rod exactly like that only about 1/2 inch longer and keep adjusting in the same manner above until you get the speed you want. You won't be going 55 or anything, but you'll be able to move a bit better than you could before.
NO NO NO E-Z-GO! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 07:41 PM   #3
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

NO NO thanks.......................................
Old 01-26-2007, 07:54 PM   #4
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

I'm not too familiar with the Graziano diffs on the new carts, but you can do something with the governor arm. I think you loosen the nut on it, floor the gas pedal (switch off) and let off a little bit and then re-tighten it where it stays. My way is staying within the limits of the governor system.
Old 01-26-2007, 09:08 PM   #5
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

thats what i want to stay within the limits, thats what i told him....... also he has been messing with the rev limitor and something else ......i know he was doing some tinkering on his own but the carts bouncing around off the rev limitor.....not good.......i warned him about the conciquences of playing around with the gov. and that i,m not real inclined on helping much if thats whats going to happen...( over-goved ) so we,ll see....................................
Old 01-26-2007, 09:38 PM   #6
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

Well, it's his cart, let him do as he pleases. If he blows it up for a few more mph then that is his problem; not yours. I know that the FE290s will take upwards of 4700 RPMs for a few short runs, but temperature gets way up when that is done. I bet it's a helluva ride though when that does happen.
Old 01-27-2007, 01:48 AM   #7
IAMCOOL
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
You're in luck Tom, I just got done writing a thing on that exact topic. Mind you it is still a little rough, but I have to redo it a little before I post it. Here is v1.0:

So you want your Club Car to move along a bit better? Club Cars feature more guards/anti-tamper devices than E-Z-GOs or Yamahas, which makes it hard to get a little speed out of them. Nevertheless, there are ways.

Before I tell you how, we must get a few things straight; 1. You are a higher risk when traveling fast, 2) You are at a higher risk of damaging engine and other components of your drivetrain.

First, put the cart up as high as you can on jack stands so you will have more working room. Jack STANDS, not a jack!!!!

Now, on the drivers side of the cart, you'll see a bronze-ish rod linking the accelerator to the throttle control in the engine compartment. There are latches on each end that must be pushed towards the middle of the rod for it to be removed. After you have it removed, lengthen it out as far as it will go without being wobbly. To do so, you must loosen each nut, turn the latches counterclockwise, and re-tighten the nuts. Be sure to get the latches in the same position when you tighten them so they line back up with the linkage correctly.
Now, look at the black rubber foot on the accelerator towards the rear of the cart. Loosen this roughly 4 turns.

Reinstall control rod, and push accelerator until the cart starts (in maintenance mode) and keep adjusting the black foot until the TOP of the pedal moves about an inch before it starts.

This will get a stock cart on stock tires about another 4 mph. This is the easiest way to get some more speed. If you are feelin industrious, you can get another rod exactly like that only about 1/2 inch longer and keep adjusting in the same manner above until you get the speed you want. You won't be going 55 or anything, but you'll be able to move a bit better than you could before.
sounds like an ez go not a c.c.
IAMCOOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 10:09 AM   #8
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

Maybe they are like that on E-Z-GOs too, IAMCOOL. I know they are like that on Club Cars too, and maybe there is a better word than "latch" for them, but that is the best word I could come up with. Maybe someone else that is more of a speed demon can help you out better than I can. :)
Old 01-28-2007, 06:34 PM   #9
IAMCOOL
Gone Wild

never mind now i see what your talking about... i usually just adjust the gov cable in the solenoid box... but your way works good too..ive goten 50 mph out of a 400 kawi with gears ,,,22 inch tires and no governor..... it was going to fast and risking the engine... i changed to 26 inch powermasters 12 inches wide and it dropped to42 mph with no chance of damage
IAMCOOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 08:06 PM   #10
dvdman1218
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Help going faster?

How fast can i go safely . I HAVE no rev limter and no gov on . I have a speedometer. I have 1998 cc with 22 tires.
dvdman1218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car