lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-28-2011, 11:36 PM   #11
TMJORD
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Bad Boy Buggie Dead after washing - HELP Please

The sepex system is supposed to be a sealed system in my opinion I had a brand new one come in that had to have the steering assembly recalled before is was eligble to be sold. The fwd/rev switch would allow you to move in reverse but not forward the problem ended up being the contactors in the switch.
TMJORD is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-28-2011, 11:40 PM   #12
TMJORD
Not Yet Wild

If you would please include details on what model and approximate year
TMJORD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 10:25 AM   #13
mjrcpd
Not Yet Wild

It's a 2006 or 07 Bad Boy Buggie Classic. I was planning to check the fwd/rev switch, however, am not sure how the console comes apart. It appears that by removing the cup holder, I could more easily access the switch, however, am having a difficult time. Any advice on getting to the console switches? Am I correct in thinking the cup holder removes as the area around the switches is riveted? And just so I'm being clear.......my symptom now is, I turn on the key, push to fwd and I hear the clicking of the solenoid but no movement. I can switch to rev, and again hear the clicking but no movement in that direction either.
mjrcpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 12:22 PM   #14
caokgafamily
Gone Wild

Club Car

MJRCPD,

Different cart but my Club Car does the same thing after a heavy wash. It's always been good the next day. Is your injury SCI? I'm a T11 incomplete and have been walking for 3+ yrs. I would just keep airing it out and disconect some of the wires connectors to see if they are wet.
Good Luck
Steve
caokgafamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 01:51 PM   #15
mjrcpd
Not Yet Wild

Yes, I'm spinal cord injured also at the T-11 level, however, complete and in chair as a result since 1997. Totally bummed out as this baby is my freedom to rome the woods to hunt, fish etc. W/O it, I'm sunk. It's been a few days that its sat inside, so really doubting it's gonna fix itself. Sucks!
Old 12-29-2011, 02:43 PM   #16
caokgafamily
Gone Wild

Club Car

MJRCPD,

I fell off a ladder in 2008 and burst T-11 into my cord, long story short I spent 3.5 month at the Shepherd Center in Atlanta and bust my butt in rehab. I think after the swelling went down and the help of the fes bike is why I got so much return back. I under stand the freedom thing!!!! I have a friend who hunt's with us and he is T-7 complete. Have you started undoing wires yet? to the controller, f & R , light switch ETC? What about using a air compressor to blow it out?

Steve
Old 12-29-2011, 04:29 PM   #17
mjrcpd
Not Yet Wild

My brother's coming up to give me a hand this weekend. Not knowing the location of the connectors, and the difficulty of seeing in certain areas makes it impossible for me on my own. Hoping we can together find those areas to disconnect, clean then reconnect. If that doesn't work, I guess my only other option is to get it to a dealer (Bass Pro Shops) about an hour away. Getting it on a trailer and there is a whole other issue. Hoping I don't have to go that route as I'm guessing it'll cost a boatload to have them do a diagnostics to see where the problem lies. The only blessing is that this could have happened in the heart of the hunting season !! Whew
Old 12-30-2011, 10:24 AM   #18
caokgafamily
Gone Wild

Club Car

MJRCPD,

Is it working today?

Steve
Old 12-30-2011, 10:48 AM   #19
mjrcpd
Not Yet Wild

So odd Steve. I just went down to check and now again, the cart will move forward but won't go in reverse. However, this is progress ! I did notice that when depressing the accellerator, it almost seems like it needs to travel more before it wants to move than before this problem began. I can't be sure on this, just an observation. Wonder if this is a symptom that may assist us in troubleshooting. Does anyone have any input? I soooooooo appreciate all of the advice and responses !!
Old 12-30-2011, 02:41 PM   #20
caokgafamily
Gone Wild

Club Car

How do we post your thread to the off road side and the Club Care side, there are alot of other good folks who know alot more than me!!!
Steve
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO