lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-15-2007, 07:44 PM   #1
caddymankc
WILD

E-Z-GO

Default motorcycle engine!!!

what would i need to put a motorcycle engine in my ezgo and how could i mount up a tranny if i need to im thinkin of dropping one in because 20mph safely doesnt cut it anymore i need something that would turn heads at swap meets i want something that fast as heck but still reliable i might just get a rolled 4 wheeler and drop the front end of it in the golf cart and the engine and tranny
caddymankc is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-16-2007, 05:03 AM   #2
tungpo1
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

It can be done, you might have to chain drive it and then you wont have reverse!! But no doubt it can be done I've seen plenty
tungpo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 06:43 AM   #3
mphillip
Site Moderator

E-Z-GO

I am in the process of getting everything together to do the same thing for my ezgo. I am actually going to use a 4 wheeler motor and the entire rear suspension in mine though. This will change the back end to a mono shock rear swing arm suspension and chain driven. The reason I have chosen the 4 wheeler motor is so that I will still be able to have a reverse....
mphillip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 07:41 AM   #4
tungpo1
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thats the way to do it Mike that way you will have reverse and and still have plenty of power!!!!!
Old 05-16-2007, 07:45 AM   #5
mphillip
Site Moderator

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by tungpo1
Thats the way to do it Mike that way you will have reverse and and still have plenty of power!!!!!
Yea that is what I was thinking. I went and picked up the donor 4 wheeler yesterday afternoon... I am also geting with Roady on the front end that he built for his melex. The double a arm suspension. It will hook up directly to mine also. This would give me long travel in teh front and then the mono shock long travel in the back.... Should be able to ride so good wheelies....
Old 05-16-2007, 08:04 AM   #6
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by mphillip
Quote:
Yea that is what I was thinking. I went and picked up the donor 4 wheeler yesterday afternoon... I am also geting with Roady on the front end that he built for his melex. The double a arm suspension. It will hook up directly to mine also. This would give me long travel in teh front and then the mono shock long travel in the back.... Should be able to ride so good wheelies....
NICE!!! You didn't tell me though....
spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 08:17 AM   #7
mphillip
Site Moderator

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by spriddle
Quote:
Quote:
I'm not Matt.... You're not my dad... I don't have to tell you everything.

By the way I did tell you yesterday that I had found a donor 4 wheeler. I just haven't had time to tell you that I had went to pick it up. I got a quad runner 230 4 wheeler with a good motor and new bearings in the swing arm... The front is totaled out.
Old 05-16-2007, 08:37 AM   #8
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by spriddle
Quote:
Quote:
I'm not Matt.... You're not my dad... I don't have to tell you everything.

By the way I did tell you yesterday that I had found a donor 4 wheeler. I just haven't had time to tell you that I had went to pick it up. I got a quad runner 230 4 wheeler with a good motor and new bearings in the swing arm... The front is totaled out.
Well, no one listens to you anyway.
spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 09:29 AM   #9
tungpo1
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

The front shouldnt be too hard I guess you have to center it and drill some holes and bolt it to the frame.
Old 05-16-2007, 09:56 AM   #10
mphillip
Site Moderator

E-Z-GO

Quote:
The front shouldnt be too hard I guess you have to center it and drill some holes and bolt it to the frame.
I don't think that the rear is going to be much harder that that either. Iwill just have to make the brackets for the swing arm to hook into and then run a brace under the seat for the mono shock to hook to also.. The bigest task is going to be getting the brakes set up and working. But at least I will have disk brakes.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO