lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-05-2014, 10:13 PM   #11
TQC
Getting Wild

Default Re: Marathon lift kit install, made simple

Thanks Kuhndog!

I've done a lot of fab work, but these carts are pretty new to me... I know it's easier to not try to reinvent the wheel, so I appreciate the advice.
TQC is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-07-2014, 04:45 PM   #12
Quinn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I cannot believe that the top of the spindle pivot point is not supported in anyway. Just blows my mind scary of the bad stuff that could happen:
Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 09:41 AM   #13
91kuhndog
Getting Wild

Club Car

I absolutely agree Quinn. Here's whats in the works... we've designed a swing arm type fixture to run from the bottom of the spring mount plate on the back (rear spring mounts) to the bottom of the spring mount plate on the axle (front). its a rubber bushing, double pivot mount designed to prevent the axle from moving forward or back, thus protecting the spring. I'll get some pictures on here in the coming months, as everything comes together.

There have been a lot of leaf springs broken by people hitting ditches and or other obstacles. On the other side it it, these carts are very durable with most people using them off road without a problem. My cart is 26 years old and still running on the original leaf-springs. I do keep a spare set in the shed at the cabin just in case.
91kuhndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 01:14 AM   #14
Quinn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

The spring is the least worry here. The top of your spindle is not supported in way. That is a major stress point. Mine looks like this:
Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 12:10 AM   #15
RFinc
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I've read through this thread a few times now and have begun ordering parts to lift my 83 Marathon. Thanks for the great white up. 2 questions: are you still offering the front blocks to forum members, and do you think 22" tires will fit with your lift setup? I see you have 20", but it seems there is a bigger section of 22 to choose from. I have read a lot about wheel spacers due to rubbing, etc. I'm trying to keep things simple and would prefer not to run spacers. Any advice on wheel offset would also be helpful.
RFinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 05:32 PM   #16
modelman20041
Not Yet Wild

I am looking into lifting my 1990 ezgo marathon this winter might b interested in getting a set of your front lift blocks if the price is right.
modelman20041 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 09:58 AM   #17
onerake2balls
Not Yet Wild

Been creeping on this site a while and first time posting. Just wanted to say thanks so much Kuhndog for the part numbers. Everything fit great. I had a 4 inch block lift on my 84 and I wanted to stiffen the rear to compensate for a rear seat and was able to bump up to a 300lb spring and do away with the blocks in the rear. It doesn't seem to have stiffened it up too much and has made it more stable. I believe the springs and shocks that were on it were likely original so they were shot.
onerake2balls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 11:24 AM   #18
croach
Not Yet Wild

I am almost finished with my installation, it is a cheap kit off of Amazon. The front went fine, the seller left a pair of the back brackets for the shocks out. Went to the hardware store and rigged some replacements. Far from perfect but functional. I do have rubbing on the front passenger side tire but I need to finish the adjustments on the spindle arms etc. I bought spacers but I have a bad lug nut on my wheels so I may return the spacers if the adjustment on the spindles works. I walk a lot of my golf so I don't mind hammering this out. I only have hand tools so I may give up on the lug nut for now but it really needs the spacers to look right, plus the added 5 inch height will probably wobble pretty good.
croach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 06:26 AM   #19
bjorn773
Not Yet Wild

I found this old post, but can't see the pics. Is there any way to access the old pics? I'm interested in lifting my cart this way.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
bjorn773 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 09:22 PM   #20
Shayne1134
Not Yet Wild

Love the post and will definitely use it to lift both my carts, 1 is a 91 marathon and the other is a gxt 800 with a dump box, will the springs/shocks be enough for the work cart or should I go bigger?
Shayne1134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO