lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-15-2015, 02:59 PM   #31
ericandrews331@msn.com
Gone Wild

Default Re: New problem 96 club car gas

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifter View Post
I wouldn't own a Club Car unless someone gave it to me,,,,other than that is that a 348 or a 409? And what's under the cover???
I have a club car because well I got one used and I became use to it and liked having it around after the Polaris utility I had gave up the ghost and was 9 yrs old. I use it as a utility vehicle on the jobsite, I do site work/demo/clearing for a living. As far as it being a club car don't really care one way or another as long as it gets the job done. For trucks I am partial to Fords, although my wife has two wranglers and all of my classic Cars are GM or Buick but I do have one late model car since you claim to want to go fast, a 2013 Roush Mustang. Real Stage 3, with upgraded charger. 700hp, 6 Spd, 15k miles. Car is the real deal. Car will get me killed that's why I am selling but a go fast guy like you should be right up your ally LOL, dude its a golf cart
ericandrews331@msn.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-15-2015, 04:49 PM   #32
rifter
rifter

E-Z-GO

So, is it a 348 or a 409?
rifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 04:06 AM   #33
ericandrews331@msn.com
Gone Wild

[QUOTE=rifter;1218671]So, is it a 348 or a 409?[/QUOT

ericandrews331@msn.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 10:02 AM   #34
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericandrews331@msn.com View Post
... Machine is/was intended to use on job sites where stopping and starting will over tax the battery/gen set up mostly the generator bad idea club car
I don't understand the reasoning here. It's a golf cart. It's intended purpose was to start and stop all day long at each hole on a golf course. Start, drive a short distance and stop. A moment later do it all over again.

You posted a wiring diagram for a flathead (KF 82) cart and said that is how you've returned yours to stock? But your pictures show that is NOT how it is wired.

Maybe you need to start over again:

If you look in the "sticky" section at the top of the Gas Club Car forum page you'll see the first one is Gas Club Car wiring diagrams. While there is one there that is labeled for '96, use the first one of those - http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-c...-diagrams.html . It's much easier to see/read and it's still the same information. Looking at some of the pictures you posted I can see a couple of problems:
1) The 3 terminal solenoid is wrong. A three terminal usually grounds through the mounting bracket to what ever metal it's mounted to. Club Car runs much of the control system through ground, so it's never going to work right with that solenoid. It needs to be a correct, 4 terminal continuous duty solenoid - NOT an automotive starter solenoid. Those are built for a different purpose and will fail VERY quickly.
2) In your picture it appears you have the yellow wire from the voltage regulator hanging there going nowhere. That is the lead to control the generator function. With that disconnected the voltage regulator can't control the generator. I can't tell from your pictures - what, if anything do you have going to the "DF" terminal on the starter/generator? If you've got that jumpered directly to ground it's overcharging the system and will blow fuses and kill other parts. I've done that as a test to verify if a voltage regulator is working but I've never let it run that way long enough to see how high the voltage would go - probably well beyond 20 volts. Certainly enough to destroy many parts intended for 12 volts.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car