lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-12-2016, 05:54 PM   #1
Longbeach
Not Yet Wild

Default 1998 quit running

Hey guys my 98 cart quit on m the other night turns over but so t start replaced all inline fuel filters and gas line will fire if I give it a shot of quick start question is how hard to clean these carbs have done a few but can't seem to remove the one screw with the spring has a weird end on it that only allows it to turn half a turn either way( sorry for the bad description but someone must know the one I'm talking about) am I going in the right direction to think this is a carb issue first cart I ever owned
Longbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-13-2016, 03:55 PM   #2
Longbeach
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 1998 quit running

Nobody has any feedback on this?????
Old 09-13-2016, 09:29 PM   #3
RED 92CC GAS
Getting Wild
Club Car

What I do is take gas line loose at fuel filter by carb.empty gas from line,fill line with seafoam ,crank engine til it starts.run it out of seafoam , reconnect gas line.

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A7-30F using Tapatalk
RED 92CC GAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 09:32 PM   #4
RED 92CC GAS
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED 92CC GAS View Post
What I do is take gas line loose at fuel filter by carb.empty gas from line,fill line with seafoam ,crank engine til it starts.run it out of seafoam , reconnect gas line.

It will run rough,you have to hold gas peddle half way.

RED 92CC GAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 11:18 AM   #5
Longbeach
Not Yet Wild

Thanks will try it out
Old 09-22-2016, 09:37 AM   #6
mdillonaire
Getting Wild

sounds like youre not getting any fuel at all. If it starts with starting fluid but wont start on its own your not getting any fuel period. Dirty carbs will almost always still let it turn over. Pull the fuel line off the carb and put it in neutral and hit the pedal. Fuel should pulse out, if not then you either have a clogged line or a leak somewhere. Check the vacuum hose and fuel lines. Inspect them for wear and also blow them out to make sure nothing is stuck. If still nothing, fuel pump would be the issue.
mdillonaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 08:14 PM   #7
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

It may seem silly, but I've seen it too many times: check that the pickup tube in the fuel tank hasn't fallen off into the tank. It's just like a drinking straw, held in place by just a press fit.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car