lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-13-2017, 11:06 AM   #1
Ray Man
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 98 Gas Club Car

Hello All Total Newbie here!
Bought my first cart!!! I have a few questions, I have read and will be doing the Lockman 1 idle adjustment to my cart. I was wondering after reading about having the motor idle is it good ? I'm old school and feel any motor should be warmed up prior to having a load put on it and would think less stress on the starter/battery not restarting every time your foot comes off the pedal but have read different.
Also I'm up in the Northeast and was wondering about snow/rain. Right now my cart is outside and covered with a tarp as we wait for what Mr Weatherman says is a snow apocalypse coming. So with all the wiring and such getting everything snow covered or even wet when cleaning whats the story?
Thanks for any help. Hopefully I will be able to contribute as i mod my cart.
Ray Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-13-2017, 01:51 PM   #2
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Default Re: 98 Gas Club Car

These carts come from the factory with pedal start, so the engineers must have not deemed it necessary to warm up the motor before driving. When the weather is cold (freezing), I warm mine up a bit just so it doesn't stumble by putting it in maintenance mode and running it in neutral for a minute or so.

I have room, so I always garage my cart; but I don't think the weather has much effect on the mechanical parts; and since it's air-cooled you don't have to worry about having enough antifreeze to keep the coolant from freezing and cracking the block. The main issues I would have with leaving a cart outside would be weather damage to upholstry and the body; and small animals chewing up electrical wires and making nests in the engine compartment, etc.
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 12:11 PM   #3
Ray Man
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks.. My cart is stored at my campsite guess I'm gonna build a little shed. I didn't even think of the critters !
Ray Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 02:37 PM   #4
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Man View Post
Thanks.. My cart is stored at my campsite guess I'm gonna build a little shed. I didn't even think of the critters !
It's probably not a common thing for animals to ravage a golf cart, at our campground we have about a hundred carts that sit out under tarps all winter at campsites, and I haven't heard many stories of cart damage when the campers return. I'm probably more overly cautious with my cart than I need to be.
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 05:07 PM   #5
cruisinkruty
Gone Wild
Club Car

for storage through the winter.remove the battery and store it indoors.
cruisinkruty is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car