lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-13-2017, 03:43 PM   #1
ReelTight
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Lift/Torque Clutch question

It's been a while since I thought about doing anything to my cart. Since the lift has been awaiting patiently in the garage for what seems like about a year, I finally got the wheel and tires to go with it.

It's a 1995 CC DS with an FE290. I know I'm not breaking any power records with this motor so I'm scared what I'm going to run into when I put these tires on there. Am I going to have enough power to turn them? Went with a 4" All Sport Super Sport Lift with 22" tires. What are your thoughts? Do I need to do anything with the either of the clutches while I have this thing torn down?

PS - I'm mainly flat terrain

ReelTight is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-13-2017, 06:11 PM   #2
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Default Re: Lift/Torque Clutch question

My 05 precedent has 22-11-10 wheels with the fe290. It does just fine.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 06:16 PM   #3
ReelTight
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgolf View Post
My 05 precedent has 22-11-10 wheels with the fe290. It does just fine.
Thanks for the reply. There is a local golf cart shop the next town over. I may contact them on Monday to see what their capabilities are? If they can machine the clutches I'll probably let them...will also let them add an HD spring. If they can't, I'll probably ride on as is and see what happens.

I found the thread I started a while back about the lift and clutches...man I once had it all figured out. I can't remember why I never finished what I started. Oh well...back at it now.
ReelTight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 09:52 AM   #4
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

On flat ground she'll move better than she does now.
We have an 05 with 22x11x10 tires on it stock fe290 and clutches. It has no trouble going up the steep hills we have here.

Only thing I would recommend is to have the drive clutch rebuilt with new clutch weights and buttons. And replace the buttons on the driven clutch if they're worn out. And put a new belt on it if you haven't done that in the last couple years.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car