lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-01-2010, 03:20 PM   #11
Dadster
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Front Bumper

Looks good, I like it................
Dadster is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-01-2010, 03:53 PM   #12
Bad92Silverado
Gone Wild

Club Car

thats a nice air chair....
Bad92Silverado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 05:10 PM   #13
AirJunky
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad92Silverado View Post
thats a nice air chair....
Yea, close anyway. My brother is the GM at SkySki & we've been riding foils for years. In fact, getting the gear down to the boat is why we got a cart to begin with. So the ability to load all the vests, ropes, helmets, coolers, etc. on the cart was number one on my necessity list. It's setup pretty well for now.

I just ran across a used Yamaha Rhino bed for sale for $75. I'm debating on mixing it all up again. I'd have to remove the basket on the back, and relocate the speakers, to install the bed on the Marathon. I ran the cart topless for a few weeks, and putting the top & windshield on the cart definitely cut down on the available horsepower..... not sure if thats due to the weight or the drag. But adding the bed will definitely be more weight, not to mention the stuff in it. So I'm wondering if I'll need more horsepower &/or stiffer springs in the rear. I Have already been planning on upgrading with the CPP Power & Clutch Tune kit.
AirJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 06:27 PM   #14
Bad92Silverado
Gone Wild

Club Car

i gotcha... thats actually why we got our first cart.. to go back and forth to the lake with equipment.. so i know what you mean.. and thats y we have the club car carryalls... they do work well.. and the one that is my avatar is my recent project to go back and forth to the lake.. check out my pics of it...
Old 02-01-2010, 07:01 PM   #15
AirJunky
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Yea, I saw your build thread. Love the front suspension you put in it. I'd like to do a similar IFS install on a cart sometime.
Old 02-01-2010, 08:17 PM   #16
Bad92Silverado
Gone Wild

Club Car

thanks.. thats outta a quad.. not a kit you can buy... but yeah.. i really like the way it handles.. i think you would too.. and its alot smoother of a ride to the lake...
Old 02-01-2010, 08:37 PM   #17
AirJunky
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

So what donor ATV did you get the IFS from? I think I've read where someone used a Yamaha Warrior IFS.

Any idea how much travel your getting from it?

Still debating on doing an IFS install in the Marathon or if there is a better cart to do it with. I kind of think I'd rather do it in a cart where I'd do an engine & maybe even rear suspension upgrade too. And I'm not really convinced this cart really needs any of that.
Old 02-01-2010, 09:12 PM   #18
nomo
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

AirJunky. I love the photos of the Sky Ski on the cart. I live about a mile from my lake, so we too take gas, coolers, towels, skis, etc. to the lake all the time. That's the reason I have the cart as well. I would like to have a basktet like the one on your roof, but mounted on over the front. nomo
nomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 09:21 PM   #19
Bad92Silverado
Gone Wild

Club Car

i used a kawasaki mojave so im getting 6.9" of front suspension... and i now have hydraulic front disc brakes due to using the kawi spindles. and with alittle fabricating i hooked them to the stock rear brakes... and with some more work i could get more travel out of the suspension but it seems to be good enough for now... we shal see... and yeah having more power is def awesome.. i love my big block.. it is a difference of night and day... maybe your next cart.
Old 02-02-2010, 12:07 AM   #20
AirJunky
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Yea nomo, we can get two 5 gallon cans of gas in the old bag well area on the back of the cart. That wouldn't happen if I did a back seat. I found a used Rhino bed I'm considering. Obviously that would improve how much I can carry on the cart by a lot. Right now the roof is only strong enough to put lightweight things in the roof rack, ie; vests, ropes, towels, etc.

Guess I'm gonna have to add a Kawasaki Mojave to my list of quads to watch for. Interesting that the first link I found about it rated the suspension very high.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO