lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-14-2011, 07:22 PM   #1
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Looking for recommendations for a lift for a 04 MPT1200

Hey all, I am about to lift my MPT1200 and want to make sure I have clearance for 23" tires. I would like to stick with the axle lift and IMO the factory 4" lift is border line for 23s. I have seen a high five listed but have not seen one for 2001 and up steering. I have looked at the Jakes 6217 made for the WH but wasn't sure about what it does to dimensions. ie, does it widen and lengthen the wheelbase.

Thoughts ? and thanks for input.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-18-2011, 10:11 PM   #2
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Looking for recommendations for a lift for a 04 MPT1200

zero comments ??
Old 04-19-2011, 07:42 AM   #3
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

kgsc

Not sure about the lift, I believe you would be ok with that lift. I do know though with the axle lift from jakes the tie rod hangs down a little low compared to other axle lifts. I would call and talk to jakes's and ask them, they could most likely be your best source of info regarding some of your questions. I know with their spindle lift it does kick out the tires a little forward and out a little bit as well. The size tire your are looking for will fit with no problem with the spindle lift. Keep us posted.
LostHusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 07:52 AM   #4
reinman88
Gone Wild

I have a 99, 800 series workhorse. In my case I was only going with 22" tires and didn't want a high lift. I put my front springs on top of the axle, made longer shackles for the back, and added 2" shock extenders.

With only a 2" lift the tires fit, but because I used a more aggressive tire, Mud Lites, the bigger lugs would hit the arm of the brake pedal with hard left turns. I'll have to raise it up another 1/2" or 1" to solve that problem. But as far as the front body was concerned, there was plenty of room.

Also on the back, with such a short lift, the tires fit well on top, but because of the larger size they almost touched the front and back of the plastic fender. I had to cut away a little of the plastic so there was clearance.
reinman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 08:40 PM   #5
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by reinman88 View Post
I have a 99, 800 series workhorse. In my case I was only going with 22" tires and didn't want a high lift. I put my front springs on top of the axle, made longer shackles for the back, and added 2" shock extenders.

With only a 2" lift the tires fit, but because I used a more aggressive tire, Mud Lites, the bigger lugs would hit the arm of the brake pedal with hard left turns. I'll have to raise it up another 1/2" or 1" to solve that problem. But as far as the front body was concerned, there was plenty of room.

Also on the back, with such a short lift, the tires fit well on top, but because of the larger size they almost touched the front and back of the plastic fender. I had to cut away a little of the plastic so there was clearance.
Thanks rm but the front axle on the 04 is a different animal and no flipping springs. Steering box sits there.
Old 04-27-2011, 09:11 PM   #6
COURTESYCART
Gone Wild

I just put a 3" jakes spindle lift on a 07 mpt 1200 and installed 22" pathfinder tires on 10x8 (3+5 offset) and have plenty of room to go bigger. Most 23" tires are not 23". they are usually shorter.
COURTESYCART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 09:18 PM   #7
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Thanks for the info CC. I have a 4" factory lift I can put on it now but the 22" I run on my other WH with the factory lift are really close .. That is why I am looking at the 5" lifts
Old 04-27-2011, 09:47 PM   #8
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Is it for the cart in your avatar? You don't want to lift it too high ... somebody will look up it's skirt
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 10:23 PM   #9
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Is it for the cart in your avatar? You don't want to lift it too high ... somebody will look up it's skirt

BaaaaaWaaahahahaha!!!
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 06:01 AM   #10
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Now thats funny right there..
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO