lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-22-2011, 10:39 PM   #1
bmmiller22
Not Yet Wild

Default 1997 Gas EZGO TXT nonresponsive when pedal is pressed

I have a 1997 gas ezgo txt that is non responsive when the accelerator is pressed. I have replaced the battery and checked all the wires from the battery all the way to the starter. Additionally I have tried to bypass the starter solenoid and the starter still does not turn. I tested the wires running to the starter with a multimeter and get no volts. When the f/r switch is in reverse the alarm sounds. Any suggestions on what I should check next? Any help would be greatly appreciated
bmmiller22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-23-2011, 06:47 AM   #2
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: 1997 Gas EZGO TXT nonresponsive when pedal is pressed

welcome, when you say bypassed soleniod how? did you try jumping across large post on soleniod to see if engine turns? if not jack rear up and jump the large post on soleniod see if cart turns over if so could be a bad soleniod......also it should have a pedal micro switch so find that and test it........theres not much to the system so..................your sure your dealing with a good battery? we have seen that a million times someone says yes only to post a few days later saying it was only a bad battery............................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 07:14 AM   #3
bmmiller22
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the welcome. I am glad that I have found the site. I tried to jump the post and there was no response from the starter. I will double check the battery to make sure it is good and check the pedal micro switch. Is the pedal micro switch under the floor boards?
bmmiller22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 08:05 AM   #4
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

i beleive so.............................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 08:09 AM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Remove the Rocker panel scuff guard and lift the mat. You will find the peddle box cover has 4 screws in it. Power comes from the switch to the solenoid on the Blue wire. You could just check the switch there? On the positive side of the solenoid orange, red, & blue wire together. and other side is negative a black wire going to ground.

... could be as simple as the MS or key switch?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 06:18 PM   #6
CactusPilot
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I have a similar problem and I'm waiting for a new micro switch so I can change it. I found it on ebay for pretty cheap.

Here is the link if you are interested..http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...TQ:MOTORS:1123
CactusPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO