lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-25-2011, 08:36 PM   #1
ScooterMcTavish
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default E-Z-Go vs. Club Car vs. HD

Hey all,

Since rebuilding an E-Z-Go, I've become a bit more aware of the other carts I see around me.

Last week I was in two golf tournaments for work. At one, I saw an old H-D with a very nice seat and paint job. But all my impressions of it were:

a) It has 3 wheels
b) Is it loud - rattles, bangs and all!
c) It seemed to take a full minute from pedal down to actually move!

Then, in the later tournament, we were in a gas-powered Ingersol-Rand Club Car golf cart that was a good 14 years newer than my E-Z-Go. My thoughts were:

a) This thing is sucked out - zero get up and go!
b) I can't believe a four stroke is louder than my two stroke

Just wondering, I know many of us may end up with E-Z-Gos for a variety of reason, but I am thoroughly impressed with my 19-year old cart even more after comparing it to these others.

What were your guys' thoughts?
ScooterMcTavish is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-26-2011, 10:36 AM   #2
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: E-Z-Go vs. Club Car vs. HD

it's funny you should post this now - I spent the day yesterday with a buddy who has a 4-stroke Marathon (actually, his was the first cart I'd ever encountered up close and actually got to help tear into a couple of years ago) and after a couple dozen Tecates and swapping carts back and forth, I realized just how different the 2 carts are, even though they're both Marathons and only a couple of years apart:

Takeoff: The 4 stroke is a lot smoother, but nowhere NEAR as fast once they get rolling - his has an immediate takeoff when you step on it, mine has a slight delay but within 10 yards I'm already passing him

Ride: His has a 4" block lift with 2-ply 22's, mine is a 5 with 4-ply 22's - you can definitely feel the "top-heaviness" with my cart versus his, I also think that I need to address my suspension a bit as his doesn't seem to roll so bad in the corners (being a Workhorse, he has a much heavier set of springs) ... Also, I guess there's a lot to be said for tire pressure, as he runs 7psi and the ride is relatively smooth and controlled, while I'm running about 15psi and although it definitely helps on the groomed trails, etc there's a night and day difference off road as far as smooth ride (I'm actually a bit jealous so this WILL be addressed soon)

Speed: Hands down, no competition. His 4-stroke has NO governor and tops out at 17 on the GPS, my little Deuce hits 23 and is set at (roughly) 4800rpm - there's also a difference that's noticeable from mid to high speed, we can be running with me in the back of the pack at close to WOT and I can give it a stomp and swing out around him in 100yds or so ...

Noise: My cart sounds like hell compared to his, there's a BIG difference in tone (if not a huge difference in volume - I probably should have grabbed a meter and checked, dang) ... I always thought my cart was relatively quiet, but getting them both together made mine sound like a demented chainsaw on meth with the muffler duct taped shut, his just did that mellow 4-stroke "putter". For tearing around the property, mine's still OK but I'm going to look into a new head pipe (mine has been repaired and after yesterday I'm questioning how completely).

Overall - like I said, two different animals entirely
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 10:43 AM   #3
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Here are a couple of pics of the 2 carts, just for fun - you can definitely tell the difference between the 2 lifts (even though it's only an inch) and even though the tires are the same size, the stiffer sidewalls on my 4-ply make them sit taller ... Both fun runners, though (especially considering they're over 20 years old)

DSCF6818.jpg

DSCF6821.jpg

DSCF6823.jpg
Old 06-29-2011, 01:08 PM   #4
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

(Just a bump as there's a newbie asking questions about the differences between EZGO engines, thought it may help him out)
Old 06-29-2011, 02:28 PM   #5
abumpa
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Only looked at a few others before coming across the 2000 EZGO gas I did purchase. Seemed a good deal and a nicely cared for cart so I went for it. I won’t criticize the others because I am sure most are fine machines and I don’t know much about them. However I will say I am very much pleased (so far) with my selection.
abumpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO