lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-06-2011, 12:06 AM   #1
tiger275
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Plastic roof hole broke through

Does anyone have a nifty trick for dealing with a plastic roof where the prior owner tightened the bolts all the way through the roof?

Obviously I could use some large fender washers (span the entire hole) but that doesn't seem very elegant and I am hoping someone has a better idea.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CIMG7144 (Small).JPG (28.5 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg CIMG7145 (Small).JPG (27.1 KB, 12 views)
tiger275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-06-2011, 07:43 AM   #2
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Plastic roof hole broke through

The fender washer is the most common fix, guess you could find some kind of gel that hardens to fill the hole then drill it out for the bolt to go through. I am not sure of what to use just thinking.
LostHusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 07:49 AM   #3
milltown
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Mine has the same problem, I was thinking of some caulking but the fender washers may work better.
milltown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 08:33 PM   #4
firecart1
Getting Wild

You may be able to JB weld it.....another trick from Sanford and Son!!
firecart1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 05:33 AM   #5
mr2nr
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I would use the fender washers and cover them with paint or caps. The plastic weld and everything else I just don't see holding up unless you built up the area more than the fender washers size :).
mr2nr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 08:17 AM   #6
rocko
Gone Wild

For a better look than the hex bolt head sticking out over the stainless steel fender washer I was able to get some stainless steel 1/4 bolts that had a dome shaped (carriage head) look to them with and allen head slot to tighten at a local nut and bolt supply , I only had two break thru but it looked so good and they were one on back and one on front that I just went ahead and did all 4 -----------they also hooked me up with some over sized pan headed bolts that has the phillips and the flat slot on it , I used them to replace rivots that held the mud flares to the body and they look nice------something I did do which I think is important was to make a spacer to fill the hole so that when you tighten down the roof bolt you don't squeeze and smash the roof down out of shape and use a self locking nut
rocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO