lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-17-2011, 08:12 PM   #1
brianwh5
Not Yet Wild

Default OEM Lights for Yamaha Drive

I found some OEM lights on CL, while checking around I saw that OEM lights are listed for Gas or Electric carts, is there a difference? Also is there a template out there or are they pretty simple to install. thanks in advance Brian
brianwh5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-17-2011, 09:21 PM   #2
craig tn
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: OEM Lights for Yamaha Drive

Oem lights don't come with the template. It is actually outlined on the under side of the body. I have used a small drill bit and drill thru from under side to mark the template on outside. The lights are the same for gas/electric. Not sure about the wiring harness. I have installed the gas kit on electric with no issues.
craig tn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 09:48 PM   #3
brianwh5
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the reply
Old 10-20-2011, 07:58 PM   #4
supermenz
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

What would be the best way to make the basic yamaha drive light kit into a working set of brake light and blinkers?
supermenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 08:39 PM   #5
brianwh5
Not Yet Wild

Has anyone tried to mount G22 headlights and taillights on a G29, I ordered some from a guy that said they were for a G29 but when I got them they are G22. Can I cut the molded template out and make them work?
Old 04-19-2013, 10:26 PM   #6
fourwheelfanatic
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

I am shopping for head lights and tail lights for my stock 2008 Yamaha YDRA Drive golf car. I have seen a light kit model MJLK3000 made by MadJax, and am wondering if they are like the factory OEM lights. The lowest price that I could find for this kit is $135 on eBay. Is this kit good as any, or is there something better that I should be considering? I do not believe this kit includes brake lights; which might be nice to have when there is a second car following close behind me on the cart path...
fourwheelfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 01:38 AM   #7
crash test dummy

brianwh5

i have no idea .. sorry

fourwheelfanatic
Yamaha G29 Drive Golf Cart Headlight - Tail Light Kit $119.95 shipped

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-G29-D...item3a64aa1833

fourwheelfanatic & supermenz
the kit below is for g-2 to g-22 but it says universal... i'd call ( talk to Brent )

Yamaha Brake Light Kit G2-G22 $32.99 + S/H

http://www.golfcartking.com/Yamaha-B...p/28079yam.htm

supermenz
Chrome Turn Signal Switch $39.99

http://www.golfcartking.com/Chrome-T...p/lgt-108c.htm
Old 04-24-2013, 10:45 PM   #8
slava777
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Just completed installation of turn and stop lights on my Yamaha Drive G29. Luckily my headlights and tail lights were installed by the dealer, so less work for me. I searched entire web and didn't find any available kit for this golf cart model . I decided to use street legal upgrade (ultimate) kit for Club Car Prcedent. It comes with turn signal switch with horn button, horn, turn signal relay and plug, stop light switch, time delay relay for stop lights, etc. The installation requires some experience. The biggest challenge was to install stop light switch since Yamaha G29 was not designed for universal switch solution. I made my own pin which holds brake cable and attached brake light switch spring to the long end. I installed switch by drilling hole in plastic body wall and attached my own longer spring to the custom made pin and stop switch. You can also make an extension to the kit spring.
slava777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:15 PM   #9
SandbaggerYDRA
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by slava777 View Post
Just completed installation of turn and stop lights on my Yamaha Drive G29. Luckily my headlights and tail lights were installed by the dealer, so less work for me. I searched entire web and didn't find any available kit for this golf cart model . I decided to use street legal upgrade (ultimate) kit for Club Car Prcedent. It comes with turn signal switch with horn button, horn, turn signal relay and plug, stop light switch, time delay relay for stop lights, etc. The installation requires some experience. The biggest challenge was to install stop light switch since Yamaha G29 was not designed for universal switch solution. I made my own pin which holds brake cable and attached brake light switch spring to the long end. I installed switch by drilling hole in plastic body wall and attached my own longer spring to the custom made pin and stop switch. You can also make an extension to the kit spring.
I did a brake light switch by "borrowing" the switch that sounds the reverse horn, mounting it to a piece of sheet metal bent into a 90 degree angle, and with a hole drilled into it that fits under the bolt which runs through the gas and brake pedals.The pedal just hits the bat handle of the switch, and it's working fine so far.
SandbaggerYDRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha