lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-31-2012, 03:05 PM   #31
JcXtreme72
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: 1987 g2 compression 60 lbs

Troub I think I like you a little more. You're from WA and you have as many G2/G9's as me. I was born in Bremerton and have family every where from there to Tri-cities to Spokan.
JcXtreme72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-31-2012, 04:53 PM   #32
ernkola
Not Yet Wild

Troubadour/72 thanks for your insights! With those in mind I,me going to start with the K&N, jet, spring,new belt and a 12 pack! Then I,me gonna take the cart out and drive it and use it the way I think I had in mind for it when I bought it. THEN, when anticipitation and reality come together if I,me not satisfied, I can make other changes. I think right now I,me over thinking this thing to death. I tend to do that! I,ll let you all know how she does after my first trip out to Kings land Texas for Thanksgiving. Later HEK
ernkola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 07:01 PM   #33
ernkola
Not Yet Wild

Hello to all! Just finally got done with some necessary repairs after my trip to Texas. First I now know why you all recommended NOT buying the inexpensive 4 in lift kits from china! My first trip out the **** metal bent and set my front tires way off kilter. Lesson learned, had to re-engineer to get my front end right! Just recently I continued my up-grades with a new torque spring, HD belt, and new brushes for my Gen/starter. Everything came apart and went together easily and I started her up today! Or so I thought! She will start, but will take no throttle at all! She will idle, but when I give her throttle she misses and will not take any rpm at all. My trouble shooting so far is 1. she is getting gas, 2.there are no air supply issues 3. when I pulled the plug it is black and wet! I did a grounded spark plug test and here is what I saw a continuous arc of small sparks?, not like a regular timed arc you would expect! I went to great care in rebuilding the gen/starter, AND in hooking up all the wires/cables back where they came from! I think my problem is electrical and related to that weird spark pattern BUT I don't know where to go from here. Can anyone please aid my in solving this problem with advice, input, ideas, on where to go next. I sure would appreciate your HELP> HEK
ernkola is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha