lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-20-2012, 07:34 AM   #1
supra4life28
Getting Wild

Default G9 Jakes vs. All-Sports double a-arm

I have read a ton of reviews on the All Sports double a-arm lift. I have also noticed that Jakes has a very similar lift. Does anyone know the difference between the two?

I am getting ready to order a lift/tires and I am going to choose between the two.

I am also trying to decide between 12/14" rims but am curious if their are any downsides to going larger? Anyone who went with 12's wish they would have went bigger or vice versa with 14's and wish they went smaller?

Great site by the way! Looking forward to the feedback!
supra4life28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-22-2012, 09:42 PM   #2
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Default Re: G9 Jakes vs. All-Sports double a-arm

The Jakes LT is very nice and more expensive, it comes with its own shocks too and height is adjustable. The allsports is said to be great for the price to get into a double arm lift. There is also a width difference I believe, important to some that trailer or have another narrow place to go into.

Personally I like to have some sidewall, but I run trails and hit rocks and stuff. The big wheels look cool but not the ticket for me offroad thinking I buy wheels again they would be 10s unless I went with 25s or more. It depends on what you do with the cart, what you like. I know a guy with 22s and 12s and the tire is really low profile, I would not want it on a rough trail. Given this guy is likely not to run it on a rough trail.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 11:37 PM   #3
bokeasmowl
friends call me Boke

Yamaha

Jakes makes a double a arm that isn't long travel too Sho. It's about the same price as the all sports. Personally I'd go with the Jakes, I had their long travel before on another cart and wouldn't hesitate buying any of their products again.
bokeasmowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 05:56 AM   #4
supra4life28
Getting Wild

Thanks Sho for the feedback! This cart will see minimal off road and is utilized primarily to entertain my family around my 5 acres (all flat and grass).

Boke you are right I have been looking at this lift and it doesn't seem to have much feedback http://www.jakesliftkits.com/liftkit...ha-g2,-g9/7407. Thanks for your input as well!

Has anyone purchased this lift above?
Old 11-23-2012, 09:52 AM   #5
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Boke is right, and right about Jakes quality they are usually considered top of the line in lifts. Likely just about any dual arm lift will work well for you if you are not doing high speeds on rough ground, that is where they really shine. The stock shocks are limiting, but you can always get some atv shocks later. I should add, the dual arm lifts are certainly a step up from the single arms.
Old 11-25-2012, 07:20 AM   #6
supra4life28
Getting Wild

Thanks! Well looks like I will go with the Jakes kit and give a full review with pics!
Old 12-23-2012, 06:27 AM   #7
supra4life28
Getting Wild

Well Santa sent me the Jakes long travel and 14" Tempest! I will update the thread wits pics when I get to the install! Happy holidays!!!
Old 12-23-2012, 06:37 AM   #8
bokeasmowl
friends call me Boke

Yamaha

That's sweet, somebody musta been a good boy this year, lol.

You said you got the long travel lift? Please post many pics of it. Whenever I find a G9, that's the lift I've been thinking about getting. I sure loved it on the big ezgo I had.
bokeasmowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:14 PM   #9
supra4life28
Getting Wild

Quick update:

I installed the lift over the past couple of weeks. Overall I am very happy with the ride and stance. With the 23" tires I measured the floor board height at 21".

As far as negatives on the kit, as others have reviewed the instructions, bolt/nut packaging, and having to reuse old bolts were my only gripes. The install was relatively smooth except for some rusty/seized a-arm bolts that my sawzall took care of rather quickly.

Before:

During:

Painted/Cleaned:

After:

Old 01-20-2013, 10:36 PM   #10
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Wow, its a whole different cart now! Looking very nice.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha