lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-21-2012, 07:56 AM   #1
multifasited
Not Yet Wild

Default 86 G2 Clutch querie

Clutch ,started making noise , 2 knuckles broken ,Is it worth repair attempt w/ kit
offered .Any sources for used parts {complete unit} availible ,sources? newbe
multifasited is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-21-2012, 09:02 AM   #2
1moretoy
Never really finished

Mixed Breed

Default Re: 86 G2 Clutch querie

Which clutch? Drive or Driven? By broken knuckles, do you mean the little insert pads that it glides on when it opens up? Check with the sponsors or check in the for sale section here.
1moretoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 01:04 PM   #3
multifasited
Not Yet Wild

outer chutch w/tin shield and zerk fitting right behind bat ,just checked one link broken ,kit may be all I need ,any advice ,in a hurry forgot grammer ,sentence structure etc. sorry ,mind faster then fingers ! Thanks ,Carl
Old 11-22-2012, 06:49 PM   #4
toadady
Gone Wild

Yamaha

i just got done rebuilding mine, the set screws have to be warmed up a bit, they have been loctited in,
toadady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 09:25 PM   #5
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Yes the weights/links eventually wear out. They are like $30 each. If you find a used clutch you might get them or they might be shot already. I bought one for a friend for $90 guy said it was all new except the sheave wore through, he was right it was all new. Took some time to pull it all down and swap all the links and pins and bushing/seals over to the other sheave, but they had a good clutch then. I just found some used weights to fix mine one broke, but I knew it was bad this summer when I put a worn used one in it. I plan to replace the whole thing next spring but want to ride in the snow if I can lol. Yes you heat the set screws, they are really small, I use a propane torch and they come right out. Take the big bolt out and that whole outside part comes off you don't need a puller. Make sure your sheave is ok before you put them on, its expensive you may want to look at other options then.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 10:29 PM   #6
multifasited
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the replies and the tips ,exactly the type of info. I needed ,I really appreciate all your help! Carl
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha