lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-28-2012, 11:48 PM   #1
Catch22
Not Yet Wild

Default yamaha in reverse

I have a 1978 EX 440 snowmobile motor is it possible to make it run Backwards because I plan to put it in a 79 g1 gas golf cart with no reverse in the rear end....... use the stock G 1 exhaust or should I run an expansion chamber..... Any advice on this to swap would be greatly appreciated I'm also going to lift it and put 27 inch t on it Greg
Catch22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-29-2012, 08:19 AM   #2
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: yamaha in reverse

It is possible to run a two stroke backwards, however, the electronic ignition will have to be modified to make that happen. Some snowmobile engines actually ran in reverse, as well as the G1 engine, so you might be able to find parts or even an engine that will do that.

Another route is to change the rear axle, which is more common. You can use a G2 axle or any axle out of a 4 stroke cart if you can weld and fabricate. Some find this option more manageable.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 12:22 AM   #3
Catch22
Not Yet Wild

Thank you, my main question is will a yamaha ex 440 engine run both directions?
Thank you for responding
Greg
Catch22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 04:28 PM   #4
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Any 2 stroke will long as the ignition changes the timing and a starter can spin it that way. The skidoo does not even have a starter it changes direction while running.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
snowmobile g1
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha