lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-16-2013, 03:28 PM   #1
chevyguy82
Not Yet Wild

Default my 1979 g1 runs finally! after no spark

after one month of trying to get this cart running it finally runs. i bought it from previous owner and he said it had not run in 6 months. i had no spark at coil. i replaced charge coil, pulsar coil, and ignition coil. i tried the cheap cdi on the sticky page. still no spark. traced all wires and fixed connections. finally got tired of messing with it and took it to golf cart repair place on hour a way. they said it was a bad cdi and i could not find one new. i bought a used one off ebay for a 100 bucks. drove up there today to pick it up running or not with cdi in hand. we put it in and it had spark there but had a broken fuel line. just got it home replaced fuel line and after a minute of cranking it fired up! i just got back from running it and it actually runs good. so all of this frustration was caused by a bad cdi. i just figured i would post this for other guys with g1 carts and no spark. just a little cleaning and this cart will be ready to give to my dad in 2 weeks on his 60th birthday. thankyou to everyone for helping me along the way. i have learned so much about these carts in so little time. i will be buying one for myself when i find one. this forum rocks!
chevyguy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-18-2013, 09:07 AM   #2
CATFISHJR241
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: my 1979 g1 runs finally! after no spark

TY SO MUCH FOR THE INFORMATION i also have done everything you did to try and get spark do you have the link to the ebay seller that guarantees used cdi works or they replace it . please post so i can get one i bet thats what i will have to do too.
CATFISHJR241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 06:35 PM   #3
chevyguy82
Not Yet Wild

I tried to buy a new one for 300 off eBay. They have them listed but actually don't have them. If you look up cdi for g1 golf cart you will see the new cdi posted on eBay. Under description they have their parts department phone number. It is yamaha golf carts of California. The parts dept managers name is James. Ask for him. He said he had more used ones on carts they had there. I called every golf cart place i could find. Good luck.
chevyguy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 07:32 AM   #4
gray horse
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Glad to hear you got the cart running. Your dad is going to enjoy it I'm sure.
gray horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 06:00 AM   #5
rkuchmak
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Your Dad will love it
rkuchmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha