lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-18-2013, 11:35 AM   #11
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Possible G16 Purchase this week - some questions first though

Cool - wiring is no prob to check out for me as both my current EZGO's have had total do-overs, HEI, etc due to neccessity and age (the frame ground is a good thing to know, thanks) ...

From what I've read here, engine play in the cradle should be under 1/2" or so if I pull on it like crazy, right? Also the culprit rust areas on these appear to be Battery Box (as with the EZGO's) but are there any other "usual suspects" I should be keeping an eye out for (for example, Marathon brakes SUCK but if they're really bad they're worth opening up to inspect prior to purchase, I've seen frozen and/or fragmented adjusters, etc with the older carts) ???
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-18-2013, 11:38 AM   #12
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

Brew, check the frame at the battery tray. Make sure it's still solid. The rocker and tray are easy fixes, the frame may or may not be.
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:53 AM   #13
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Thanks, Ess - the guy is up near House on the Rock so it's a hell of a haul. I just called him and asked for pics of the battery tray, etc and he claims there's almost no rust, just a few bubbles at the edges so hopefully he'll get me some good pics. I really don't NEED another cart of course, but we all know how THAT goes, LOL

BTW, does the DNR let us on the trails in the Spring anymore (heard somewhere that they did that after the snow breaks) ?!? I would assume with what, maybe 2 days of them even being used this year they're prob still in great shape, might be time to get some of the "Local Types" like WGW, Yourself, etc together for a bar run :)
Old 02-18-2013, 12:43 PM   #14
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewCityMusic View Post
Thanks, Ess - the guy is up near House on the Rock so it's a hell of a haul. I just called him and asked for pics of the battery tray, etc and he claims there's almost no rust, just a few bubbles at the edges so hopefully he'll get me some good pics. I really don't NEED another cart of course, but we all know how THAT goes, LOL

BTW, does the DNR let us on the trails in the Spring anymore (heard somewhere that they did that after the snow breaks) ?!? I would assume with what, maybe 2 days of them even being used this year they're prob still in great shape, might be time to get some of the "Local Types" like WGW, Yourself, etc together for a bar run :)
I think the DNR will be more than happy to write us tickets if we get on the trails

The land owners would have no interest in us being out there either. We could head out to the Tricounty/Cheeseland trails at some point in early to mid June though........
Old 02-18-2013, 05:22 PM   #15
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

I'm in !!!
Old 02-19-2013, 07:51 PM   #16
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Well, the van is all gassed up and checked out, trailer lights fixed and all backed in and hooked up ready to roll out in the AM ... Kinda wishing they weren't calling for 0 degree wind chills (not my idea of optimal "Cart Buying" weather) but oh well - looks like it's time to *maybe* buy a new cart !!!

(I'm taking $200 less than what I already figured was my "Top Dollar" on the buy *Just* to keep the negotiating skills honed, LOL - The way I see it though is I actually could move stuff around *just right* and fit 4 carts in the garages, so technically three isn't all that big of a deal when You look at it correctly, agreed?)
Old 02-19-2013, 08:01 PM   #17
sassycat
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

good luck and be carefull on the way back with the cart that is
sassycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 08:18 PM   #18
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewCityMusic View Post
Well, the van is all gassed up and checked out, trailer lights fixed and all backed in and hooked up ready to roll out in the AM ... Kinda wishing they weren't calling for 0 degree wind chills (not my idea of optimal "Cart Buying" weather) but oh well - looks like it's time to *maybe* buy a new cart !!!

(I'm taking $200 less than what I already figured was my "Top Dollar" on the buy *Just* to keep the negotiating skills honed, LOL - The way I see it though is I actually could move stuff around *just right* and fit 4 carts in the garages, so technically three isn't all that big of a deal when You look at it correctly, agreed?)
That theory works for me but you might want another opinion

Old 02-20-2013, 03:41 PM   #19
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

WELL ... The trip went well, and I can't believe the deal I got (or at least I believe it to be). The cart was built in 10/97 and was bought new from the dealer in September of '98 by the guy I bought it from's father, been a private cart since (I actually got the original invoice w the cart). The kid got his hands on it last spring and had a local shop do the Jakes kit, etc and put in the stereo system himself - but that's not the point, the point is the cart is clean as a whistle (other than the salt spray from a 100 mile ride home) - even the battery box is decent, a couple of tiny spots on the lip where the paint is lifting but that's it. 7 degrees outside, it started a bit sluggish but once fired and a lap or two around the parking lot was had, she runs like a top !!!

The best part, including Gas, Lunch, and Red Bull I'm into it for just under $1300 all told

20130220_140407.jpg

20130220_140108.jpg

20130220_140051.jpg

NOW, first off the steel offset rims gotta go (easy fix) and I'm def gonna get some flares on there, a REAL light kit, stereo enclosure, etc (although the top is pretty **** noisy for someone used to open carts so that decision could go either way) - THEN hopefully it's warm enough to get some real riding in and mess w the governor (she does 19.7 on the GPS now so I'm sure there's plenty of room for improvement there) - At any rate, thanks for the pointers and I guess You'll be seeing me around THIS forum too for awhile !!!
Old 02-20-2013, 03:49 PM   #20
craig tn
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Very nice find and great price. You might could remove the radio/speaker box mounted to the top and see if that helps your noise. They are not generally that loud.
craig tn is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha