lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-05-2013, 12:56 AM   #1
jwmoon
Not Yet Wild

Default G-1 help

Just finished working on a 1985 g1 cart. Has 120 lbs of compression, fresh tune up kit, rebuilt generator. Have remover oil pump and pre mixing around 50-1. Cart sat for almost a full year. Problem is only runs with choke fully pulled on it, even after running for a while. Can someone point me in the right direction?
jwmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-05-2013, 01:33 AM   #2
rib33024

Default Re: G-1 help

does the gas stink like old gas? need to drain the gas tank, and get new gas, 50 to 1 is the wrong mixture, for the gas, sounds like the carb is gummed up and needs to be removed and rebuild, thats why it will only run with the choke on, or the crank seals could be bad and sucking air
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 08:26 AM   #3
jwmoon
Not Yet Wild

What is the right gas mixture for this cart
Old 04-05-2013, 11:11 AM   #4
ewbldavis
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I believe it is 150:1, but some run leaner some run richer.
ewbldavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 01:00 PM   #5
abieex
Gone Loco

Yamaha

Almost everyone I personally know is running 80-1 premix. In my opinion 150-1 is just too lean on oil. Yes, I'm aware of the numbers in the service manual but in my opinion run as much oil as you can without smoke. High grade oil such as yamalube 2R and a fuel additive for the ethanol problem and some suggest Stabil marine grade. I'm not an expert on this and I'll stand aside for someone with more knowledge but the oil in the fuel is the only lube the engine gets. If I have to clean the muffler from time to time so be it. I hope I helped and didn't confuse you more!I'm breaking in a rebuilt engine now at 50-1.
abieex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 01:18 AM   #6
jwmoon
Not Yet Wild

Thanks. I had been thinking 70-1. Will try this. Did a muffler burn and vot a lot of oil out as well
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha