lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-24-2013, 09:18 PM   #1
rwt101
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Remove g2 counter balance shaft or not?

I pulled the motor on my g2 to check a few things out. Wile I have the side cover off do you think I should remove the balance shaft ? I don't want to cause a problem by taking it out, but also have read that sometimes wear out the opening that they ride in.

Bob T
rwt101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-24-2013, 09:57 PM   #2
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Default Re: Remove g2 counter balance shaft or not?

The eventually do, though you know....why would a 20+year old engine wear out? Very conflicting reports on the shafts, some say no difference but a few say they vibrated. I have seen this with the same engine even. Could be the rpm range its used I don't know. More people say it works ok without than others who have issues. It will knock when it gets bad. If it is ok yet, these things are built like a rock I would not worry about it. I ran mine with no governor and trail rode it from 99 to 2009 about when it started losing power when hot. Still didn't smoke until 2011 though I did not put a lot of miles on it. Then I put a clone in it. It never knocked, always ran synthetic oil in it.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha