lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-31-2013, 07:29 PM   #11
sahbnh
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: G16 issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flippz View Post
When you say inch along, are you meaning the starter generator is moving it or is the engine running full blast and it's only inching along. I ask this as it could be a spark issue, the starter generator will inch it along if it is not firing.

When this occurs pull the boot off the spark plug and insert a small screw driver. Ground the screw driver to a valve cover bolt or other metal and see if u have spark when you spin the motor over.
Post back findings and we will go from there.
I would say that the starter generator is what is inching it along. The engine doesn't seem to be going full blast. It's like when you barley push down on the accelerator pedal you hear the noise but you're not pushing it far enough for it to take off. The part I don't understand is when you get pushed from behind for several hundred yards it will start working normally again.
sahbnh is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-31-2013, 08:13 PM   #12
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Is the belt in good cond. for the starter/gen?It could be that its' slipping,and your drive-belt has enough drag,that as you get pushed,it helps the starter turn the engine.Maybe the Starter/Gen. should be checked out further,or at least the belt.My wifes' had a decent looking belt,with proper-tension,and every so often,it would just slip,and not start.There were hard-spots on the belt-surface and it would slip until it jogged past them.New belt cured it.Hope this helps.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 11:18 PM   #13
sahbnh
Not Yet Wild

Update: After doing some research I figured out the cart wasn't getting any spark after it was hot. Took it in and had a new coil put in and problem seems to be solved. Knock on wood! Played 18 holes today and worked fine.
sahbnh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 12:37 AM   #14
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

See other posts regarding T.C.I. i think you are losing spark, then it starts working again when the tci cools down. i think you are confusing the starter turning, trying to start it, with it actually running.

EDIT: Oops, didnt see second page posts.......
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha