lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-25-2013, 04:42 PM   #1
jkline805
Not Yet Wild

Default To part or not to part, 2003 G22

Well I am new to the forum, and really new to carts, and I just recently picked up a 2003 G22. I didn't really know any better, and it was pretty cheap and now I don't know what to do. The cart was advertised as a frame and diff, but I actually got a lot more. Here is what I have:
Frame, rear diff, rear susp, engine, gas tank, body (although not perfect), front susp, dash, steering wheel, rear seat backs, starter/gen, both clutches,...

What I dont have is:
hubs (all four), Carburator, intake, airbox, wheels/tires, steering box, and probably a whole lot of nuts and bolts.

The question I have is, do you think there is a market for the engine (turns over and seems to have good comp) and rear end and other valuable parts? Would it make more sense to part this thing out and buy a cart that is put together and running? I am not looking for a show cart or $4000 cart. I just want a good running reliable cart for the race track, and maybe the course.

Any opinions would be great. If someone here was interested in buying any of this, let me know and I might be persuaded to sell. I am new here, but I have sold alot of items on other forums/ebay/craigslist, and I would be willing to give out my phone number and all of that if someone were interested. Thanks!

-Jeff
jkline805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-25-2013, 06:15 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: To part or not to part, 2003 G22

you could sell the axle alone for around $600 and the motor, if it runs, is worth at least $500. myself, i would try to fix it up and keep it, the G22 is one of yamahas finest golfmobiles.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 06:33 PM   #3
jkline805
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: To part or not to part, 2003 G22

do you have any opinions about who has the best priced parts for this? I know I can buy new from Yamaha, and they are actually reasonable on most, but the steering box is expensive and so are the hubs. I was hoping to find a place that had salvaged carts, but not too many have any g22s.
jkline805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha