lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-26-2013, 02:34 PM   #1
Northern Boy
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default G1? What's all the hype ?

Hey guys I'm looking at buying a yamaha gasser for my next build, but which one is the one to go with? I have 40 acres of woods, hunting trails, swamps, and hills.. Is a little g1 gonna have enough power to haul my big *** up the hills?
Northern Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-26-2013, 02:35 PM   #2
Northern Boy
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Maybe the g2 is the one to buy? Or a g9? These are both 4 stroke right ?
Old 06-26-2013, 03:08 PM   #3
Honorstick
Gone Wild Still Learnin

Yamaha

Default Re: G1? What's all the hype ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Boy View Post
Maybe the g2 is the one to buy? Or a g9? These are both 4 stroke right ?
Yes these are both 4 strokes.

I have a G9 that I use for hunting and at 6'5" 340lbs it does just fine hauling me, my son in law and a deer or two through the woods with some fairly good size hills. The cart is pretty much stock other than the home made lift and bigger tires so you be the judge.
Honorstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 03:39 PM   #4
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Many people are afraid of the G1 because it's the oldest Yamaha cart out there and it's a two stroke. The reality is, any golf cart can be made to do what you want to do. Golf carts will be limited only by three things in serious off roading.... 1. Power 2. Ground clearance 3. Traction

If you build a cart, add some power, add some ground clearance, and get a really good set of "off road" tires....you'll be good to go. Then there are things like a performance secondary clutch and new belt, this will add to the low end torque for climbing hills.

If you really want to add power, even down the road, go for the G9. It's a four stroke and will be a little newer than the G2. With a four stroke cart you can add a clone engine or a v twin vanguard without losing reverse gear. Suspension options will also be better on a "newer" cart since you'll have a wider array of products made for your cart.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 03:42 PM   #5
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Nothing wrong with the G1 though....you can get some good power out of them, and with a good suspension it will outperform just about any cart out there.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-y...ting-cart.html

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/lifte...sion-done.html

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/big-b...0-project.html

I highly recommend these as recreational reading....lol!
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 03:53 PM   #6
Northern Boy
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Thank you so much for your opinions and the reading material slonomo ! This info has helped me make up my mind.
Old 06-26-2013, 04:00 PM   #7
Northern Boy
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honorstick View Post
Yes these are both 4 strokes.

I have a G9 that I use for hunting and at 6'5" 340lbs it does just fine hauling me, my son in law and a deer or two through the woods with some fairly good size hills. The cart is pretty much stock other than the home made lift and bigger tires so you be the judge.
Sounds like we could be brothers ! Thank you for your input honorstick !
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha