lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-18-2020, 12:17 AM   #1
Terranceperryman
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Plum Quik motor on TXT??

Im considering the Plum Quik Bandit for my 2016 TXT. My goal is 27/28 mph. I know that it’s their entry level motor but can someone tell me if i could get those numbers from the bandit?
or is it necessary for me to upgrade the motor? This is all new to me! Im open to better options. I figured i New motor for 350$ would be the way to go if i could get those numbers. Im at 20/21 mph now. Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Terranceperryman; 09-18-2020 at 12:18 AM.. Reason: Wanted to make it known that it was a question
Terranceperryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-18-2020, 06:29 AM   #2
Capt. Lenny
Born to be Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Plum Quik motor on TXT??

I have a 2003 TXT that ran 18 MPH on the stock AMD motor and I had Robbie do the Bandit upgrade to it and now get 22-23 MPM now. You should talk to Robbie, he can give you the best idea, he's very knowledgeable when it comes to performance.
Capt. Lenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 08:27 AM   #3
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

The 48 volt txt motor is pretty good for stock but you still have an under powered controller. Your better option is upgrading the cables, solenoid and controller. An XCT400 would get you to high 20s and much more torque. 500 is an option and includes a fan but I would turn it down to 400 until you upgrade the motor later.
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 09:50 AM   #4
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Thumbs up Re: Plum Quik motor on TXT??

The bandit alone will not get you 27MPH. Not even on 48 volts. A 400-500 amp controller want do you anything as far as speed goes. It will help in the torque yes but not speed. It will get you there faster but your top end will be the same.
I would call him and ask about a custom built motor for it.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 10:30 AM   #5
Terranceperryman
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Lenny View Post
I have a 2003 TXT that ran 18 MPH on the stock AMD motor and I had Robbie do the Bandit upgrade to it and now get 22-23 MPM now. You should talk to Robbie, he can give you the best idea, he's very knowledgeable when it comes to performance.
thanks for reply
Old 09-18-2020, 10:33 AM   #6
Terranceperryman
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
The 48 volt txt motor is pretty good for stock but you still have an under powered controller. Your better option is upgrading the cables, solenoid and controller. An XCT400 would get you to high 20s and much more torque. 500 is an option and includes a fan but I would turn it down to 400 until you upgrade the motor later.
After what Ive been reading, i was kinda learning this was Way but wanted to definitely reach out to someone with more knowledge before i pulled the trigger on any new purchases. Thanks for your response!!
Old 09-18-2020, 10:40 AM   #7
Terranceperryman
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy4639 View Post
The bandit alone will not get you 27MPH. Not even on 48 volts. A 400-500 amp controller want do you anything as far as speed goes. It will help in the torque yes but not speed. It will get you there faster but your top end will be the same.
I would call him and ask about a custom built motor for it.
I really have NO CLUE of what it would take, but it seems like more people have been leaning toward the controller from what I’ve read. The only definite that I’ve found is that no one has had anything but good to say about Bob Boyce (his work on the rxv) Im hoping i can reach him before i make any decision. Thanks for your response!! Greatly appreciated!!
Old 09-18-2020, 10:42 AM   #8
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Don’t get me wrong, Plum Quick builds a mean motor but it by itself won’t get you to your goals. The controller upgrade will really wake it up.
Old 09-18-2020, 10:56 AM   #9
Terranceperryman
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
Don’t get me wrong, Plum Quick builds a mean motor but it by itself won’t get you to your goals. The controller upgrade will really wake it up.
Xct400. Would that be something that would have to be sent off to be programmed or is it plug and play? Who makes it? Im BRAND NEW!
Old 09-18-2020, 11:10 AM   #10
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Wow. You are new... Alltrax Xct48400-txt48. Depends on where you purchase it but most vendors here will send it to you basically programmed but you can fine tune it with a printer cable and a laptop.

https://alltraxinc.com/xct-performan...r-controllers/
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO