lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-09-2021, 02:37 PM   #1
geckert10833
Not Yet Wild

Default YDRE Cart repeatedly blowing 20A Charger Fuse

My 2007 48v YDRE (4 x 12v) cart is making the charging process difficult --
So far brand new batteries, new 48V charger with 2-pin connector and no success. Everytime I plug-in the 2-pin male charger receptacle into the cart's charger receiver, it arcs ... smokes, and melts a bit of the two prongs and instantly blows protective 20A fuse in the 48V charger. I'm thinking the YDRE's onboard computer/module is the problem.... thoughts? (BTW, the previous owner's 48V charger was no longer working ... I suspect the YDRE fried its innards). Thanks
geckert10833 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blow, computer, fuse
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha