lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-29-2020, 12:16 PM   #31
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Default Re: 420 clone gas tank options

Wow, I don't think I have seen the truck that far finished. That thing looks like it belongs on the road. Is that where the Magnum Hemi is headed ?
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-29-2020, 01:06 PM   #32
Notsoezgo
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepard View Post
Love your setup, another has found the best setup yet for fueling a clone engine. These engines were designed for gravity feed - I tried electric pumps and vacuum pumps - both had let me stuck along the road.
I did this a couple of years ago and have had no problems sense then.
Hey Shepard, I got the idea for gravity fed from one of your posts so thanks! Where on your truckster build is the fuel tank?
Notsoezgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 01:16 PM   #33
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Right below the triangle
Old 10-29-2020, 01:54 PM   #34
Shepard
Crazy Ole Man

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by raydhd View Post
Wow, I don't think I have seen the truck that far finished. That thing looks like it belongs on the road. Is that where the Magnum Hemi is headed ?
Yes - the Hemi will go into Suzy-Q's toy. It's closer to finished then some of my earlier pictures. I still have dreams of lowering the roof and rounding the corners and tilting the windshield back to make it more aerodynamic. If the wind catches just right you can feel it slow down.
Shepard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 02:05 PM   #35
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

I can feel the difference between the windshield up or the windshield down in the cart. Back in the day I had my mach iii 500 cc kawa at red line while I was all tucked up. I sat up straight and besides the feeling I was going to get blown off the bike the revs dropped a lot. Probably wouldn't happen with today's MEGA hp bikes.
Old 10-29-2020, 03:13 PM   #36
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepard View Post
Love your setup, another has found the best setup yet for fueling a clone engine. These engines were designed for gravity feed - I tried electric pumps and vacuum pumps - both had let me stuck along the road.
I did this a couple of years ago and have had no problems sense then.
It of course works out to happen at a not so good time. For the longest time I was really happy with the E bay electric fuel pump. BUT running for 2 + miles at 5000 + rpms on a 90 degree + day BINGO the fuel pump overheats and shuts down about mid island. At the time I didn't realize that if I would have let the pump cool down I could have drove home. Instead I did the walk and drive of Shame and get Mr Chevy tow me home. Get it back home and it fires right up. It took some testing to figure out that my glass fuel filter needed to be full all the time regardless of how I was driving the cart.
Old 10-30-2020, 11:56 PM   #37
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

I don't know why we have so many fuel issues. Pulse is the simplest and very reliable that is why many things use it, and it turns on/off by itself. I am going to change mine around and see how it works. I get a little oil in it and it slows fuel delivery so going to try to get away from that. Pulse should never affect your starting that is why carbs have a float bowl. Mine pukes out fuel the first time it turns over, it will run a short time with no fuel line.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 06:53 AM   #38
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Part of the reason with fueling issues was using stock cart pump and lines designed for 10 or so hp engines. Even with the stock clones and the early nearly stock VC 460 there were no issues. BUT then add MASSIVE air flow changes with the modded engines with much higher HP and RPMS and GEEEZ our fuel systems are not getting the job done.
Old 10-31-2020, 12:11 PM   #39
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by raydhd View Post
Part of the reason with fueling issues was using stock cart pump and lines designed for 10 or so hp engines. Even with the stock clones and the early nearly stock VC 460 there were no issues. BUT then add MASSIVE air flow changes with the modded engines with much higher HP and RPMS and GEEEZ our fuel systems are not getting the job done.
IDK, my G9 pump is about the same size they use on all older sleds with 60hp or better engines. The lawn pumps are smaller, such as the B&S ones. With the cam and all I'm sure I am over 20hp. But my issue is the oil blowing into the pulse line, when its empty it runs great.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
clone, swap
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps