lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-01-2016, 09:11 AM   #11
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Default Re: Hyundai 420 clone build

I forgot that was one of the first things I did on mine.
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-01-2016, 10:23 AM   #12
rccub23
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

that will be much easier if
you ever have to pull start
it. I wonder how many people
learned that the hard way.
rccub23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 06:56 PM   #13
n.lambert
Not Yet Wild

I'm in the process of putting a 301 predator in my 96 Hyundai. I have gotten it in and the starter all wired up and that works just fine. My only problem is the engine seems it isn't getting enough fuel. I have all new fuel line, a walbro fuel pump, and an inline filter. I finally got the engine to run on no choke but I almost have to floor it. I want to be able to drive around slowly and not full speed all the time. Any ideas on what I should do? I am going to try and hack off some of the excess fuel line and run a more direct route. And also are there any other key things I should know with the Hyundai carts?
n.lambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 07:14 PM   #14
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Just know if you change your airbox or exhaust for more flow it will be lean, you will need to jet the carb to make it run right. If you turn it over and fuel spurts out the line at the carb, that is good fuel, for a pulse pump, and should work. Where is the pulse from?
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 08:19 PM   #15
n.lambert
Not Yet Wild

I bought a spacer for a 420cc predator and it didn't seem to be getting enough pulse so I tapped into the valve cover to get a pulse from there. I can get the cart to run without a choke but it just sputters and slowly builds up until full throttle but if I let off the gas then it dies and I have to wait to slow down before it will go again.
Old 09-07-2016, 08:33 PM   #16
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Usually if you run out or short of fuel it empties the fuel bowl and then cuts out badly. But runs ok before that happens, runs ok at part throttle when you don't use much fuel.

If you do the rocker cover you should get pulse from under the partition in there, the engine side. Best to get a 1/8ntp thread fitting and drill into the side there where you can go into the lower side open to rockers. There is a valve in there so the top part does not have the pressure the lower part has.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 08:41 PM   #17
n.lambert
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by sho305 View Post
Usually if you run out or short of fuel it empties the fuel bowl and then cuts out badly. But runs ok before that happens, runs ok at part throttle when you don't use much fuel.

If you do the rocker cover you should get pulse from under the partition in there, the engine side. Best to get a 1/8ntp thread fitting and drill into the side there where you can go into the lower side open to rockers. There is a valve in there so the top part does not have the pressure the lower part has.
Yes I went on the open side not through the valve. I got some smaller clear gas line so I hope that it will allow me to better diagnose a problem.

Tags
clone, golf cart, hyundai, swap
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps