lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-20-2017, 01:22 PM   #1
abretsch
Not Yet Wild

Smile Wiring Questions Alltrax XCT and 97 DCS

Gentlemen,

I'm rebuilding a 97 DCS. ScottyB has provided some upgrades and I'm to the point where I want to get the wiring sorted. Last night I was mocking up the wiring and have a question on a couple of wires.
First, there is a blue wiring coming off the molex connector that I think needs to go on the right side(as seen in the picture) small connection of the solenoid. It's a couple inches short. Do you guys normally add the length to the existing cable or replace it entirely? If replacing, where and what type of connector on the molex side do I need to buy?
Second, there are 2 red wires. I believe one is the reverse alarm and the other is Tow/Maintenance? I think they go to the solenoid but I'm unsure of which post to attach.
This is the original harness which was still in good shape. I didn't want to remove the mesh on the harness but if my picture is too vague, I will remove to further trace the wires.

Thanks for your help

Alan...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg xct wiring.jpg (110.4 KB, 0 views)
abretsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-21-2017, 01:16 PM   #2
abretsch
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Wiring Questions Alltrax XCT and 97 DCS

Still curious if you guys know the part number to the molex pins for my 97 DCS.

Got a response back from Alltrax. The red wires do indeed go to the large post on the solenoid. Was a little concerned with the size of the wires in relationship to the post size. All new to me...

I ended up soldering a piece of wire to the short blue one so that it can reach the small post on the right.

Thanks,

Alan...
Old 02-21-2017, 01:27 PM   #3
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

If you solder wire, make sure you either use heat shrink, or a high temperature electrical tape. Regular electrical tape doesn't really hold up in automobiles, which get hotter than carts. I only buy the more expensive tape.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 01:54 PM   #4
abretsch
Not Yet Wild

Thanks Yurtle, I used shrink tube.
I would have preferred to replace the whole wire but I don't know what type of pin I need in the molex end of the wire.

Alan...

Tags
alltrax, dcs, xct
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO