lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-20-2017, 11:34 PM   #1
JaxPilot
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Tie Rod ends on '99 TXT

I'm preparing to strip down my cart (teardown/rebuild thread coming soon) in order to rebuild from the ground up. Hopefully this'll be the first/last/only cart I will need, so might as well make it as solid as I can.

There was a fairly large amount of slop in the steering, and when I got everything apart, it was apparent why. In addition to some loose bolts on the interface of the tie rod to the wheel bracket, it appears one of the tie rod ends to idler is blown out. It is the one on the right in the first picture.

The question is, if I want to replace all 4 of the tie rod ends, I'm a little confused on which ones to order. I already have a left hand thread and a right hand thread tie rod end that I ordered a while back when I got the lift kit, but never installed them. There are two different parts, a left hand thread and a right hand thread. Do both right hand threads go on the right side tie rod, and both left go on the left side tie rod? Or do I put different threads on different end of the same tie rod?

The middle picture is the driver side tie rod assembly. Which "hand" thread goes to the idler (unattached in picture) and which had thread goes to the wheel (attached in picture)?

The last picture is the passenger side tie rod assembly. Which "hand" thread goes to the idler (unattached in picture) and which had thread goes to the wheel (attached in picture)?

Thanks for bearing with me, I'm trying to get all the parts in before I start the rebuild.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Tie Rod to Idler Arm.jpg (90.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Driver Tie Rod.jpg (93.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Pass Tie Rod.jpg (91.5 KB, 0 views)
JaxPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO