lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-12-2019, 10:47 AM   #11
TheAspec
Gone Wild

Default Re: Adding JUST brake lights with no pre-fab harness?

I have a similar question, hoping either of you can answer.

I want to add brake lights to my 2018 EFI. I can purchase the bracket, spring, brake plunger/switch etc. from Yamaha but would exclude the time delay being used here. In this case, the brake plunger switch has 2 wires, how would I tap these into my current configuration?

My brake light has 3 wires gong to 3 female pins, pulled it out to look. Each brake light has Ground, Tail, and Stop/TS; so I know which wire to use for brake lights but unsure how to connect without the timer in place. Need brake lights to always come on no matter light switch position (on vs off). Any thoughts on wiring this?

As of now, the Tail wire get's 12 volts only when I have the light switch to on of course. The Tail/TS wire never has voltage no matter switch position as I'd expect.

Thanks
TheAspec is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-31-2021, 02:48 PM   #12
Nevets007
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Hey Guys! Thanks for the post!! I am doing just what you planned out- a headlight w/ tail light on a switch (I’m doing this for safety- easier to know where another cart is when you see the tail light vs looking for the headlights. I noticed this over the summer when we had a line of carts leaving the party in the dark) and a brake light when ever the pedal is pushed. I’m going to lay out the wiring and test the circuit. Fingers crossed this works. This is the first time I’m building a circuit from scratch vs a kit.
Nevets007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 03:22 PM   #13
Nevets007
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Hi! I finally finished my light install. Here it is This is a homebrew light circuit (Led light bar, Tail/Brake light, Switch, Relay, USB Charger). I spent about $70 on all the parts including lights, wires, and switches. Here are the pics of the circuit and some of the mounting. I used a microswitch mounted on the back of the parking brake lever to eliminate the need for a timer switch. I wired it in line with the motorcycle brake switch mounted with a 4" x 10mm bolt off the current brake cable pin. The brake light works independently of the main switch so even when the lights are off if you press the brake the light will work.
Attached Images
File Type: png brake-headlight diagram.png (588.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg ebrake switch.jpg (148.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Switch - USB charger.jpg (156.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Lightbar.jpg (137.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Tail-Brake light.jpg (187.7 KB, 0 views)
Nevets007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2022, 08:01 AM   #14
doug527
Not Yet Wild

Tell the HOA to kiss off...They can't make you have lights...What's next, going to make you change the color of your vehicles...
doug527 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brakes, custom, harness, lights, wiring
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha