lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-26-2019, 07:44 AM   #11
Hunter450
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Lift kit advice needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budule View Post
Thats what I was thinking , the more rubber , the better....she will be unhappy if it rides rough....
It's not going to have a car-like ride. A 6 foot wheel base with leaf spring over straight rear axle does not scream "cushy". The front will be more forgiving than the rear but still overall a stiff ride.
Hunter450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-26-2019, 08:47 AM   #12
ClubCar86
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter450 View Post
It's not going to have a car-like ride. A 6 foot wheel base with leaf spring over straight rear axle does not scream "cushy". The front will be more forgiving than the rear but still overall a stiff ride.
No argument there. I don't think anyone says these drive like a cushy car. I'm just trying to limit change to the current ride quality as much as possible while getting the desired stance.
ClubCar86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 09:44 AM   #13
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

I've done Jakes spindle lifts and 20"x10" tires on two precedents and they both ride very soft after the lift. IMO they ride much better than stock.
Neither of them have any other mods at this time, so stability at normal 14mph is not an issue.
One thing I don't like much about the spindle lift is it does limit turning radius. Makes it very easy to steer, but you can't turn very tight which can be a problem sometimes.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 12:18 PM   #14
ClubCar86
Gone Wild

Club Car

Fairtax4me, were those 20" tires street or all terrain?
ClubCar86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car