lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-27-2019, 05:47 PM   #1
Budule
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Will new controller fix speed/brake issues ?

I have to take Wifey's 2014 precedent on a 7 hour round trip to the nearest dealer to get the "go faster" code and the "stop braking for me " thing turned off....then I saw some controllers that have knobs to adjust those very things , if buy a new controller can I program it my self ? thus saving my back from the long ride , my wallet from the gas and hotel and food and what ever said dealer charges ….
Budule is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-27-2019, 06:01 PM   #2
Reddawg454
Grumpy Old Guy

Club Car

Default Re: Will new controller fix speed/brake issues ?

Yes, you should look at the Alltrax controllers available from one of the site sponsors. They are adjustable using a laptop and free software. Additionally you can add the controls for adjustments on the fly.
Reddawg454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 06:02 PM   #3
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Absolutely, get an Alltrax XCT 300 and install a DIY personality switch or buy one of the FN# type switches.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 07:01 PM   #4
Budule
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
Absolutely, get an Alltrax XCT 300 and install a DIY personality switch or buy one of the FN# type switches.
So am I splicing wires or is it plug and play with the old one?
Old 08-27-2019, 07:28 PM   #5
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

All plug and play for the controller, well you need to cut the field wires quick connector and replace it with a ring connector.

You can buy the optional personality switch and it is plug and play.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 07:43 PM   #6
Budule
Gone Wild

Club Car

Alltrax 300 amp XCT48300 IQ I that one that would work ?

XCT 400 amps XCT48400 IQ this one says no adapter needed OEM...
Old 08-27-2019, 07:56 PM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Any size of the XCT for IQ control will accept the main harness plug(no adapters needed). First time, or timid installers should spend a few dollars on the Alltrax install kit. It does make the Club Car IQ installation easier. The 300 will increase power and acceleration a bit over stock, top speed will be 22-23 mph and any dealer can preset no or low regen for you before they ship.
A 400 amp control will not allow more speed. It will allow the motor to make more power in high demand situations. It's not needed for golf but nice for a lot of other activity. The 300 can run with the stock solenoid. the 400 requires an upgraded solenoid.
Prices start right around $400
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 08:00 PM   #8
Jkerle
Gone Wild

Club Car

Another option is the Navitas controllers.

Super easy install I just recently put a new navitas TSX in my precedent. I was running an alltrax xct40048. The navitas with the bluetooth connection to your phone for programming is pretty slick. I like this controller more than the alltrax because of this feature. I know a source for good prices to. Send me a message if you want contact info.

Alltrax makes a solid controller dont get me wrong I've had both the 400 and 500 both provided great results. I would suggest getting the 500 the extra power is well worth the extra pennies.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Jkerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 08:01 PM   #9
Budule
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Any size of the XCT for IQ control will accept the main harness plug(no adapters needed). First time, or timid installers should spend a few dollars on the Alltrax install kit. It does make the Club Car IQ installation easier. The 300 will increase power and acceleration a bit over stock, top speed will be 22-23 mph and any dealer can preset no or low regen for you before they ship.
A 400 amp control will not allow more speed. It will allow the motor to make more power in high demand situations. It's not needed for golf but nice for a lot of other activity. The 300 can run with the stock solenoid. the 400 requires an upgraded solenoid.
Prices start right around $400
Cheaper than my trip to have it done...she just runs around in it , no golf ...but im in West Virginia so everything is a hill... I am gona lift about 4 " but nothing crazy....
Old 08-27-2019, 08:03 PM   #10
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budule View Post
Cheaper than my trip to have it done...she just runs around in it , no golf ...but im in West Virginia so everything is a hill... I am gona lift about 4 " but nothing crazy....
Then get her a 400 XCT with a SW180 200 amp solenoid and a fan kit She will love it and you might find your self borrowing it too
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car