lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-23-2019, 10:33 AM   #1
Jameybeal
Not Yet Wild

Default 2006 ds iQ suddenly lost all power tried to reset obc but no luck

New to the forum thanks for letting me join.

Now onto the issue...
My kids ran over the charger and it quit working so I ordered a rebuild kit and it’s back working again but today was the first tome I tried to take it out since and I drove it 30-40 feet and stopped because seems like the brakes was sticking a little. ( I also replaced the brake cables at the same time as fixing the charger) went to go again and nothing. No clicking, no buzzer for reverse, no nothing. Well the headlights work. Tried resetting the obc but that did nothing and I also unplugged the controller all while in tow mode and nothing. Unplugged the 2 pin connector for the mcor and jumped it out and nothing. I have 50.1 volts dc going to control box but when I hit the go pedal nothing at all. The solenoid doesn’t click and when I take a screwdriver across the big terminals nothing with key on and in haul mode and fnr switched in any way. Checked the 2 fuses I seen and they are good. Any ideas? Oh and I checked the battery cable connections they are good as well.
Jameybeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-23-2019, 10:39 AM   #2
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2006 ds iQ suddenly lost all power tried to reset obc but no luck

Sounds like the OBC Controller lockout has failed.

Try the Blue and White wire jump as described in the OBC bypass sticky:
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...bypassing.html
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 10:41 AM   #3
LabRat
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Near the solenoid & Controller is a fuse holder, did you check that one?
Due to event of the "Charger road kill" this might have effected the Charger Interlok. However follow the spark from the battery, to the solenoid post (Input side from battery pack) to the tow-run to the fuse to the Key....etc. Lots of Info out there for this cart
Good Luck
LabRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 11:47 AM   #4
Jameybeal
Not Yet Wild

Thanks Sergio I just went out and jumped the blue and white wires together but I’m not 100% sure what to do with the black wire on the charging port. I assume I splice it and take it straight to the negative cable that goes to the controller? Also is there a “ sense” wire as well? Thanks for the help already
Old 11-23-2019, 12:22 PM   #5
Jameybeal
Not Yet Wild

Aright I checked for the fuse but not seeing one between the solenoid and controller but I ran the black wire from the charger port to the negative terminal on battery 6 and jumped the blue and white but still nothing
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car