lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-09-2020, 09:15 AM   #1
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default G22 Front control arm bushings

Working on a 02 G22 for a co-worker of mine. I put a spindle lift on this cart last year and told her then it would probably need control arm bushings soon (since these kind of lifts are rough on bushings). Sure enough, she got about 10 months out of it and the front wheels are wobbling all over the place. Control arm bushings are toast.

Either I'm searching for the wrong thing, or nobody sells just the bushings for these? I keep seeing parts for G16 and G29, but nothing saying G22, and I don't know these yammiehams well enough to know what parts cross over from year to year.

I'd like to get all three bushings, both inners and the outer. Don't want cheapies because I don't want to replace them again at the end of summer. Any help on best place to get these? My closest Yamaha carts dealer is about an hour away.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-09-2020, 10:34 AM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: G22 Front control arm bushings

https://www.shopyamaha.com/parts-catalog/lines/golfcar

Once you have part numbers, finding a source for them will be easier. Plowman is a yamaha dealer (& site sponsor) & would appreciate your business.

Www.plowmanscarts.com
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 11:31 AM   #3
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Thanks, CG! That's the kinda stuff I was looking for and couldn't find!

Do you know if the outer bushings have to be sized after pressing them in? I didn't realize those were solid bushings with a sleeve in the center. Also looks like it has sealed caps on the ends so maybe they're not too worn out to just clean up and re-use. Gonna get it in the shop this evening and get those apart and check the stuff in the rear suspension as well.

She bought it from a guy who used it as a farm cart and last year when I put new batteries in it and the lift on I had to wash about 300lbs of mud out from under it, but most of it seemed in pretty good shape then, except the battery rack was getting rusty. I cleaned that up and got some POR15 on the racks and the frame near the batteries to try to keep the rust from eating the rest of it away. That seems to have held up really well so far.
Old 06-09-2020, 12:28 PM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Dont usually have to be resized.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 08:24 PM   #5
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Well the outer bushings are just about toast. The inners actually seem to be in great shape, but the bolts somehow worked loose. I took the arms off and they look to be fine. No obvious cracks or deterioration of the rubber. I tightened the snot out of the bolts and got rid of the play on the inner end. Still some play on the outers, so I'll have to order those.
Rear suspension looks to be in good shape. Springs may be a bit worn on the drivers side, but not really worth worrying about.
Time to build a back seat!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha